cassette toilet fix - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #21

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Bama I'm going to put a turn off valve in also( sharkbite ) into the pex pipe on top just like JIM W did . That should do it .

Bama are you going to the egg fest on Hudson in Aug?
not sure on the fest , shark bite should do it
Old 04-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #22

Name: LeaAnn
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Texas
Help! My husband and I are trying to fix the toilet. We have taken out all 10 screws, lifted the top lids off, and now, the bottom of toilet bowl is lose but still connected to the blue hose connecting the toilet and lil snoozy. How do we get to the blue hose inside the underneath of the bowl? Can't find a way. Doesn't make sense to me.

LeaAnn
LeaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #23

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
cassette toilet

Take the blue hose out go you need a needle nose pliers to un- crimp the blue hose snake it through fittings take it to a parts store get the same outside diameter hose grey fuel line is the best then re-insert through same fittings in toilet then put on s/s screw fittings and tighten . then open up rear door and look for pex tubing cut into and put in a sharkbite turn off valve and you should be good to go . send me your phone in private message if you still having problems .
The only problem I had after it is done is the water pressure is a lot more because the grey fuel line inside diameter is smaller so I put some silicone on toilet top to channel water into toilet .If this does not make sense send pm with phone Good Luck Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #24

Texas
Hey Jim!

Thanks for your words of wisdom. Robert has the blue hose off and is trying to put the new hose on. I called and left you a message on your phone. Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

LeaAnn
Old 04-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #25

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaAnn View Post
Hey Jim!

Thanks for your words of wisdom. Robert has the blue hose off and is trying to put the new hose on. I called and left you a message on your phone. Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

LeaAnn

It is DONE!!!!! not cheaply either! I dropped my cell phone in water... YEP! On my way to Verizon.... It has died !

Oh well, at least I can go camping with a toilet.... YEA!

Thanks for all of the advice and phone calls everyone.... LeaAnn
Old 04-12-2015, 07:40 AM   #26

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
For your phone, find some rice and put it inside for 24 - 48 hrs. The rice will capture the humidity of your phone.
It arrived at my sister-in-law and that worked.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #27

Florida
Registry
cassette toilet

I'm glad you got the cassette toilet fixed . The factory should fix it before sending it out the pressure relief does not work the blue hose is just to thin the movement of the cassette toilet stretches it and make it brittle .
We put in a grey fuel hose twice as thick and a shark bite valve to shut off water to toilet everything works now . so far for over a year no leaks
Old 04-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #28

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
For your phone, find some rice and put it inside for 24 - 48 hrs. The rice will capture the humidity of your phone.
It arrived at my sister-in-law and that worked.
WOW! I did not know that.....I am going to try that now, maybe it is not too late. Maybe I can save it for a back up one day....

Leaann
Old 04-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #29

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
WOW! I did not know that.....I am going to try that now, maybe it is not too late. Maybe I can save it for a back up one day....

Leaann

Give us the result, if it's o.k. or not...
Old 04-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #30

Name: Mark
Trailer: currently shopping
Missouri
Has anyone notified Lil Snoozy of the common problem with cassette toilets? I am considering buying a new one but don't want to fool with issues right away.
Missouri Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #31

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Give us the result, if it's o.k. or not...

Well, I guess my phone had been wet way too long. Today is another day, and it still does not work, So goes the hope of a back up... (I will try again if needed in the future.) I will not forget the advise if another phone decides to go swimming.

LeaAnn
Old 04-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #32

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mark View Post
Has anyone notified Lil Snoozy of the common problem with cassette toilets? I am considering buying a new one but don't want to fool with issues right away.
I do believe that Thetford has been notified. I know I have personally sent an email. it was also mentioned on the LilSnoozy forum. Not everyone has had a problem. We have not until now. We have had our cassette toilet for over 3 years and no problems. Just one of those things that goes along with the adventure of campers/rvs.

LeaAnn
Old 04-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #33

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mark View Post
so meany times I cant count if you have a cassette toilet like the ones in the snoozys you will replace the blue hose sooner or later . I can grantee that !
Old 04-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #34

Florida
Registry
Lil Snoozy

Lil snoozy is aware as is Thetford that makes the cassette toilet .It's a catch 22 Lil snoozy cannot put a different tube in instead of the crappy blue one way to thin and prone to rupture . Other wise cassette toilet is not warranteed . So go witha porta potti and be happy or buy cassette and wait for the blue hose to rupure then fix it .I tusually lasts about a year or so . Jim
Old 04-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #35

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Well, I guess my phone had been wet way too long. Today is another day, and it still does not work, So goes the hope of a back up... (I will try again if needed in the future.) I will not forget the advise if another phone decides to go swimming.

LeaAnn
That makes only 24 hrs. Continue until 48 hrs if it is not later completed 24 hrs.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 AM   #36

Missouri
This news makes me a little leery of Lil Snoozy. The cassette toilet was a feature that has me leaning toward the Lil Snoozy. I thought what a neat concept. Vs. a porta potty, I would much rather have a hatch outside the trailer to pull out and dump, rather than carrying it thru the inside of the trailer, plus I would think the smell on a porta potty would be an issue. The cassette was a big selling point for me versus the black tank. Seemed so simple. But it scares me that a manufacturer would put something in a $20,000 plus trailer that is known to falter within a year or so time. It makes me wonder about the integrity of the entire unit.

Some of you say it is just a matter of changing out a blue hose to another sturdier one, but nothing is ever that simple for me.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:19 AM   #37

Florida
Registry
cassette toilet

The problem with the blue hose is the design of the cassette toilet you can move it to make more room in the toilet area to take a shower because it's a wet bath . plus the fitting are not the s/s screw type they are a squeeze fitting .
If you are considering the snoozy has many fine attributes
1-Rear door entry easier to load bikes and things
2-6ft 4in headroom
3-A/C 8000 BTU easily replaced under $150 instead of roof A/C $900
4-full 8ft width for better stability while towing plus if you get a flat it will not break into fiberglass or wood flooring .
5-Full Fiberglass floor no OSB flooring like scamp and parkliner ?
6-they will pre propane for you so you can get propane if wanted also will put in 12 volt fridge for extra$
7- Cassette toilet (5 gal) no BLACK tank easy to dump at home or restroom

We have the twin bed model the only complaint has been the cassette toilet which I fixed . no closet which I ran a hanging bar between the two beds for clothing .It tows really nice
Old 04-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #38

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Our LS is 9 months old. I was looking at the toilet last night. The hose replacement looks fairly simple. I will change mine after I finish my side dinette.
From reading here and on other forums, I have seen problems with all brands of trailers. I guess the Thetford hose is ours. I do think it is worth the effort.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #39

Missouri
I will keep an open mind and Lil Snoozy is still at top of my list, with Egg Camper a close second. If either are ever interested in selling your Snoozy, let me know.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:27 PM   #40

Name: Denny
Michigan
There are two separate blue hoses. The first one which connects the Pex that Snoozy supplies to the flush valve. That's easy to fix without taking anything apart. I added a shut off valve which gives a way to isolate the toilet from the pressure water system plus a way to adjust the flushing pressure. Thetford supplies a small disc with a tiny hole that slows the water flow. Unrestricted it will spray all over the bathroom.

The second blue hose failed a year later. This one is a pain as you have to take the toilet out to get access to the hose. Jim gives the directions above.

I don't know of a cassette toilet option besides Thetford. I found lots or reports on other trailer forums of the "blue hose" problem.

Denny Wolfe
Wanderingourway.wordpress.com
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote