Empty water tanks in Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #1

Name: Judi
Trailer: 16' scamp standard side diner
Indiana
Registry
Empty water tanks in Scamp

Know this has been asked before but cannot find answer. I'm winterizing for 3 months off road and parked outside. I watched scamp video but still do not see where water tank empties out. I turned the toggle on water tank as instructed and turned on all faucets whereby a small amount of water cme from faucets. I opened gray water valve and only tiny bit of water trickled out. Where is the drain spout ? Is there another one ? I turned on pumps as well but nothing. Ps. No way am I putting that de I we for Rvs in my scamp. Also is it good investment to buy a scamp cover for 159$?
Infogypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Tank valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infogypsy View Post
Know this has been asked before but cannot find answer. I'm winterizing for 3 months off road and parked outside. I watched scamp video but still do not see where water tank empties out. I turned the toggle on water tank as instructed and turned on all faucets whereby a small amount of water cme from faucets. I opened gray water valve and only tiny bit of water trickled out. Where is the drain spout ? Is there another one ? I turned on pumps as well but nothing. Ps. No way am I putting that de I we for Rvs in my scamp. Also is it good investment to buy a scamp cover for 159$?
There is a drain valve located at the bottom of the water tank on the side facing the sink . Turn the valve and the water will drain out a hose which goes through the floor to the outside . If nothing drains out shut the valve and check the hose , My drain hose was plugged one time from insects After clearing the hose reopen the valve and drain the tank
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #3

Indiana
Registry
Already turned the cock drain thingie and nothing happened. Wonder where that hose is. I walked about and saw no hose nearby.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infogypsy View Post
Already turned the cock drain thingie and nothing happened. Wonder where that hose is. I walked about and saw no hose nearby.
The hose comes out the bottom and the pitcock is turned to point 90° to the trailer. Either pointing directly towards the inside or the outside of the trailer.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #5

Indiana
Registry
Yes I know about pitcock and already did that. It's hose I don't see. Will go out and search for it again. As no water is under ir around trailer I am assuming either it us empty or hose is blocked.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #6

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
The hose referred to is just a very short piece of tubing slipped over the outlet end of the drain valve to insure the water drains out of the trailer.
Sometimes it protrudes below the floor and sometimes it doesn't.
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #7

Indiana
Registry
Found it and it looked completely dry. Water tank looked empty.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:08 AM   #8

Name: Mark
Trailer: Scamp
California
To add a little clarity here, the drain valve for the fresh water tank is located beneath the rear passenger side dinette seat panel.

At first, I started looking underneath the camper; when I didn’t find it there, I looked under the seat panel and found it down in there.

The discussion here was helpful, including which direction to turn the valve handle and having knowledge of the drain tube.
markjfun is offline   Reply With Quote