Foot pump in a Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2021, 07:24 AM   #1

Name: Kim
Trailer: 13' Scamp 1977
Wisconsin
Question Foot pump in a Scamp

Guidance is appreciated!
I am planning on installing a Whale Footpump in my 1977 Scamp. I am wondering if anyone has info on how they ran the hoses into the cabinet. Do I drill holes into the cabinet base? There is ample room (I think) for the footpump to sit on the floor under the cabinet. Or has anyone mounted the pump inside the cabinet by the door on a block? There is a newer faucet on the sink that has a hot and a cold knob. My plan is to connect the city water line to the cold, and the foot pump to the hot. That way I have options.

I am clueless what the faucet looks like under the cover thing (not sure what that is called). But am I correct in assuming I can connect the 2 separate lines? I hope I can just use one water line at a time and keep the other knob turned off...? The city line won't backfill my water storage container... or when using the foot pump it won't push water out the city line, right?

I removed the water tank, disconnected the water lines from the pump. I want to keep things simple and have more storage. No winterizing!
Thanks for your help!
GlampKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:03 AM   #2

Wisconsin
I received an email stating there was a response to this question. But I don't see it here! Obviously I am doing something wrong! Help?

The Scamp is a 1977, I don't want to use the water tank, therefore no electric pump is needed either. I just want a simple set up. I have the front bath and don't use the toilet either! I disconnected that water line. I know some may think this is going backwards.... maybe it is! But that's what is so great about a Scamp... making it work for you!
Old 09-08-2021, 06:51 AM   #3

Name: Courtney
Trailer: 1982 13ft Scamp purchased on May 2nd
Georgia
Following…I’m looking to do the same.
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:00 AM   #4

Wisconsin
I did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney View Post
Following…I’m looking to do the same.
I was able to simply rest the pump on the floor inside the cabinet. I ran the “cold” water line from my faucet to pump water from a jug. The “hot” water line is connected to the city water port. This way I can use city (if needed) by simply using the faucet.
So far I’ve used the foot pump and it’s perfect!! I might remove the cabinet doors and put a little curtain in front of the foot pump door so that I can use the sink without having to open the door. But at this point I’m not really sure. I don’t mind opening the door, it’s not a problem. And I didn’t make any holes!
It would be very easy for someone to add the water tank back in under the bench and reconnect all the water lines that way . But I love my foot pump. No winterizing!!
Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
22B93451-1BA1-4A10-BBCA-3609438C6404.jpg   E2728C15-1864-4F32-BCCC-6B47CFBD3BD9.jpg  

Tags
scamp