Funky plumbing??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2007, 08:27 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
Ok I really got a problem here.. ... doesnt this look like someone micky moused this plumming ?
I find it very strange. 1. shower in drain wont hardly drain at all. I poured a gallon of water in the tray and thats about all it will hold... then 1. the hose to nowhere goes up and was placed up by the propane tanks with a stop on the end of it..
why in the world would it be like that??? I am at my wits ends trying to get this trailer back into shape. ( I wont get into the details of the purchase here) BUT can this be re-routed so the drain will drain properly? Also there is a leak between the toilet and or someplace as the leak is still coming out by the frame underneath.
I had it in the rv shop and $1,000 later, replacing a nice big hole that was in the floor and the guy did check the bathroom and caulked between the wall and the toilet., so will have to take it back in to get this leak fixed and the hoses replace and replummed?
Any one seen such a funky set up??

Click image for larger version

Name:	funky_plumming.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	8931

Name:	floorleak_1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	8932

if i cant get these issues fixed I think i will put it up in a drawing...LOL I am half bald from pulling my hair out... and now an empty wallet!!
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trek 1300 (Boler/Scamp Clone) / PT Cruiser
Registry
Hi,

Just a guess, but the "Hose to Nowhere" may have possibly been a ventilation hose. You might remove the stop near the propane tank and try it again.

Terry
terryjeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Christinen, Terry is right, this hose to nowhere is the vent line to let air out of line and let water down the line.
I've been a plumber for almost 30 years and ran into this problem where, even on a large house drain a bird would build a nest in the 3 inch vent pipe on roof of house and the drain would go down very slow in the kitchen sink.
Remove the stopped up air vent and solve the problem hense remove the plug in the end of the hose to nowhere and drain the sink.
The termination of this vent should be, by rights out the roof if it is also venting Black water but if just gray anywhere outside and higher then rim of fixture will work.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:45 AM   #4

thanks.. i will try to remove the cap off the 'vent' line... i figured thats what it was.. but wasnt quite sure.. I have had other scamps and there was 'no vent' line ... all the lines have always gone directly to the greywater tank as far as i know.??? i would guess its about 4 ft long at the most...
As far as the leak goes right at the frame.. i will take it back to the rv fix it place again to see whats going on... This trailer has that awful 'elephant' skin in the bottom half of the bathroom.. but as far as I can see there is no holes in it that would cause a leak. I think it might have something to do with the toilet around the bottom . As I poured a gallon of water around the back and the sides of the toilet thats where the leak shows up.
The bathroom is useless if there is a leak... just what I dont need is more floor rott!! how long thats been going on I havent a clue.. and of course I wasnt told that any repairs were even necessary when i got the trailer...
Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
christine.....
I had the exact same leak in my 1994 casita which is a cousin of scamp and if your trailer is an early 90's trailer they had (casita) a two piece black tank which is inside the bathroom..... the outer shell is caulked to the bottom half(tray) and the job wasn't too bad......they take the top half off caulk it with 3m 5200 marine adhesive join it back together and let it cure for seven days.... i did that and now all is fine. If your toilet is fairly cleaned out look inside with a flashlight and if you see a seam about halfway up you have the two piece type.

Joe

pics of my toilet:

Name:	P1010071.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	8936

Name:	P1010079.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	8937
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #6

christine....
the rest of the pictures that may help you out at the service dept.
Joe

Bottom half of Black tank tray that gets joined to the upper half with 3m 5200 marine adhesive

Name:	P1010073.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	8938

black tank taken out of camper

Name:	P1010077.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	8939

black tank reinstalled after two halves recaulked

Name:	P1010078.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	8940

looking inside top half you can see the caulk line where the two halves are joined together

Name:	P1010071.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	8941
Old 07-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #7

thanks again. i will print them out!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #8

Glad to help
joe