Grey water pump? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Scamp
Arizona
Grey water pump?

I see no part for it on the Scamp website. Is it the same type as the fresh water pump?
Bill in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #2

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Yes it's the same. Talked to Scamp and confirmed it. Cost from Scamp is $66.00 plus shipping; which will be expensive. You can pickup one from camping world for $87.26 on line. Or I would get a new one from Ebay for $64.99 with free shipping. 12 V , 3 GPM, Mod 4008
Old 09-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in AZ View Post
I see no part for it on the Scamp website. Is it the same type as the fresh water pump?
The Scamp graywater pump is the same as the freshwater pump with the exception that the filter used is different.
The graywater pump uses a separate "jarlid" type filter upstream of the pump.It has a larger and finer screen since it comes directly from the drain.

Often this filter gets plugged and must be cleaned. Be sure this is not the cause of your pump symptoms. Also you might find that the motor is fine and the pump has hair or other foreign matter in it.
Carefully disassemble, inspect and clean it before spending on a new pump.
OH! and be sure to check the fuses and wiring as well as the switch.
The switch is a common cause of power loss and it is cheap and easily repaired or replaced.
Attached Images

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #4

Name: Bill
Trailer: Scamp
Arizona
RE: Grey water pump?

Thanks guys!
Bill in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #5

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1996 Scamp 16
South Dakota
Grey water pump?

I just ordered this pump from Amazon and with free shipping and it should arrive tomorrow. When I turn my shower pump on, the lights dim and there is a horrible loud noise. I took the bottom off the pump and the water ran right out, so no clogs. The pump never moves so it seems the motor is bad.

I was a little confused because the pump on my 96 Scamp is a different manufacturer and style,than what they show on the Scamp website. I assumes it is just a newer style. I am hoping it mounts to the same holes. It seems the new pump has a back flow valve built into it, versus the old pump has a separate back flow valve in line. I hope that doesn't present any retrofit problems. I can let you know how it goes when I replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

---------
1996 Scamp 16
HighPlainsDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
On my scamp, the grey water pump is not the same type as the fresh water pump.

I know, because after 14 years I had to replace both of them this summer. 8-)

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
The shower pump in my 99 Scamp would not run .Floyd has a good idea in checking the wiring .My switch was bad and the wiring connections to the pump under the trailer were corroded and a lot of the wire strands were broken . It was a easy ,cheap fix versus buying a new pump . Also check the strap that secures the pump ,mine was loose
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote