help!! toilet troubles... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #1

Name: kelley
Trailer: 1978 Boler 17'
ontario
help!! toilet troubles...

I just bought a 1978 Boler and I love it but the toilet leaks on the right side (left is you are not sitting ) . I can't even figure out how to remove the toilet to check for leaks...any suggestions....Please I am desperate to figure this out and have no clue at all!!
kelley m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Kelley, to FiberglassRV... we're glad you're here!

Lots of kind and helpful folks here, I'm sure you'll get the information you need.

First, do you know what BRAND of toilet is in your trailer? There's lots of good information in the Document Center, maybe you'll find exacly what you need there: Fiberglass RV - Document Center
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
My 1978 Fiber Stream had a Thetford Aqua Magic III. It is bolted to the floor flange in exactly the same way your toilet at home is bolted. Due to the shape, look for a recess or indentation on each side. The bolts will be under a decorative plastic cover that looks like a very large acorn nut. It just pops off to reveal the bolt below it.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #4

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Kelly, Great advice above. Is it leaking without flushing on the left side or leaking from under the toilet? Mine did the same thing when I bought it and it just needed the incoming pipe to be tightened. Could need another wax seal if leaking from underneath; which is also easy. Hope your fix is also simple.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The toilet should be mounted by a normal (like the one in your house) toilet flange, but instead of being at floor level it is on that raised platform; the platform is actually the top of the black waste tank. Some toilets have an extensive lower housing which hides the hold-down bolts. This may help understand how things are put together, but I agree with the other members' troublehsooting assistance... under what conditions does it leak, what model is the toilet...

Is this a rear-gaucho (B1700RGS or B1700RGH; bathroom opposite door), or a side-gaucho (B1700SGS or B1700SGH; bathroom in rear corner)? Does it have a water heater and shower (B1700RGH or B1700SGH; bathroom lined in moulded plastic or fiberglass)? This would help in explaining what is where.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #6

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
Kelly, we just got back from camping this past weekend and the same thing happen to me on the same side. I also have a 17 ft Boler. I havent had time to get into the problem yet but will this weekend. Mine only leaks when you flush.
Let me know what you come up with...
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote