LP Connections for Custom Stove Setup - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2020, 03:06 PM   #1

Name: Miles
Trailer: Trail Mite
North Carolina
LP Connections for Custom Stove Setup

I pulled the 2 burner stove out of my ‘72 Trail Mite because I prefer to cook outside and would like to free up the counter space.

I’d like to add a quick connect to the line from the stove, so I can quickly attach the 12’ hose with pressure regulator I have, and set it up so it can be used with both my onboard 20lb LP tank and a 1lb green tank (for when I want to travel light and leave the trailer at home).

Searched online for the right fittings without much success, not even sure what I’m looking for. Any ideas?

I’m new to this, but it looks like it’s a standard 3/8 flared attachment from the stove.
Attached Thumbnails
31679C46-4467-44FA-985A-2FBB75869EBB.jpeg   C691DFBF-1244-45CB-9AF3-6D2D97C3D556.jpeg  

B655D0F5-B50E-4295-BC10-267A4FA95655.jpeg  
Miles 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:24 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
If you want to use the existing copper stove gas line to extend out for your outdoor stove, the piping needs to be removed from the inside of the trailer and any pipe connections need to be made outside, (underneath.) The RV and Gas Codes do not allow for branch lines or connectors inside the trailer unless it is the sole connection to the appliance itself. No "piggy backing, splitting, wye connections," or any interior couplings are permitted. It might be to your advantage to just remove that section of gas pipe and choose a spot under the trailer next to the frame where you want to have your hook-up for your outdoor stove, then reroute your gas line along the frame to where you want to install your plug-in.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:29 PM   #3

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
If you want to use the existing copper stove gas line to extend out for your outdoor stove, the piping needs to be removed from the inside of the trailer and any pipe connections need to be made outside, (underneath.) The RV and Gas Codes do not allow for branch lines or connectors inside the trailer unless it is the sole connection to the appliance itself. No "piggy backing, splitting, wye connections," or any interior couplings are permitted. It might be to your advantage to just remove that section of gas pipe and choose a spot under the trailer next to the frame where you want to have your hook-up for your outdoor stove, then reroute your gas line along the frame to where you want to install your plug-in.
Thanks Greg! Yes I removed the flexible rubber hose from the trailer completely, and am planning to connect it directly to the tank when I set up camp. That will give me more flexibility, as long as I make sure no one is tripping over the hose.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:39 PM   #4

North Carolina
I think this is the part I was looking for from the stove. Now I just need a quick connect adapter to connect to the female 3/8 flare fitting.

Sturgi-Safe RV Quick Connect LP Grill Hose (6 Foot) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SXSXTPD..._e8ijFbBEY60RR
Old 07-31-2020, 04:35 PM   #5

North Carolina
I think I solved part of the problem. This 4' hose with male quick connect adapter can connect to my stove. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...C63G3VB4R&th=1

Now I just need a female quick connect adapter that can connect to the female 3/8" flare connector on the flexible hose from the propane tank.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:19 PM   #6

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Everything you need is available from Amazon. The only gas appliance IN my Scamp is a new Propex heater. Outside at the tank I have a quick connect for my propane Coleman stove or lantern.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:23 AM   #7

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
Everything you need is available from Amazon. The only gas appliance IN my Scamp is a new Propex heater. Outside at the tank I have a quick connect for my propane Coleman stove or lantern.
Thanks Timber Wolf, I did a bunch of searching and I think I found the parts I need!