Maxx fan problem - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #1

Name: Gail
Trailer: 1975 Trillium & 2013 Escape 17B
North Carolina
Registry
Maxx fan problem

We have a MaxxFan Deluxe model with a manual lift cover. The cast aluminum lift arm broke. Does anyone know if you can buy parts to fix this? We're hoping not to have to replace the entire fan because the motor works fine.
I submitted an email request to the MaxxAir folks, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks in advance for any input.
Gail H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
No problem getting replacement parts for a MaxxFan. I have two on my EggCamper and also had a broken lift arm a couple of years ago. I ordered the replacement on MaxxAir's website. If I remember correctly it was about $11 plus shipping. Replacement was easy as instructions came with the part (and were also available online).

73 Orlen
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:07 AM   #3

North Carolina
Registry
Thanks Orlen. A few back and forth emails with Maxxair gave me the info I needed. I called them this morning and ordered the part. I was surprised when the rep said "no charge". She said ours is still under warranty. How nice is that?! Hopefully my husband and I can install it when it comes. Thanks for responding!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:09 AM   #4

North Carolina
Registry
We received the part,but there are no instructions included. I've checked AirXCell's website and can't find instructions there either. Does anyone remember how to go about replacing the lifter arms? Is it done from the inside of the camper or the roof? If from the roof, can the roof support the weight of my 205 lb husband? Can it be done with ordinary tools?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail H View Post
We received the part,but there are no instructions included. I've checked AirXCell's website and can't find instructions there either. Does anyone remember how to go about replacing the lifter arms? Is it done from the inside of the camper or the roof? If from the roof, can the roof support the weight of my 205 lb husband? Can it be done with ordinary tools?
Do not climb on the roof. It can't support much weight. It will flex, then collapse catastrophically. I purchased a collapsed Trillium that looks like someone was on top.

Renting a scaffold might work.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #6

North Carolina
Registry
Oh, sorry.....I haven't been specific enough. Also I need to update my profile. This fan issue is on our Escape 17B, not our Trillium.
Would the same warning apply? (as to getting on the roof?) We would have scaffolding, but I can envision having to sit on the roof or lean on it, at least.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
From looking at the exploded view of the parts diagram there will be pieces in your way that will prevent you from fixing it from underneath.

The best approach will be to remove the unit from the roof. Make your repairs with it sitting on a workbench then reinstall it with fresh butyl tape.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote