ParkLiner low water drain - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
ParkLiner low water drain

I would like to accomplish two things with a modification to my trailer (when I have it back). One, I would like an outside faucet that would provide a place to hook a hose if I was hooked to water, so I could wash my truck (or whatever). Two, I would also like it to be the system drain for winterization.

Have any of you ParkLiner folks done such a modification, or did later models just simply come with this? If so, how and where?

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
I would like to accomplish two things with a modification to my trailer (when I have it back). One, I would like an outside faucet that would provide a place to hook a hose if I was hooked to water, so I could wash my truck (or whatever). Two, I would also like it to be the system drain for winterization.

Have any of you ParkLiner folks done such a modification, or did later models just simply come with this? If so, how and where?

Thanks!

Frank
Frank, When I visited PL and toured Tom Bass's trailer he showed me the outside faucet, which was located on the rear of the trailer. I believe Tom told me that Chandler was intending to re-locate that faucet to the curb side rear where it would also function as a low-point drain for the FW system on newer models.
rdcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #3

New York
Yes Robert, I was down there last Saturday and Tom showed me that. That is the kind of thing I can do myself, but my trailer is in Gibsonville for them to do things I cannot do, so I was thinking ahead. I'll be there again tomorrow, probably around 3 to pick up the trailer, and maybe see if I can get some more guidance.

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #4

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Yes Robert, I was down there last Saturday and Tom showed me that. That is the kind of thing I can do myself, but my trailer is in Gibsonville for them to do things I cannot do, so I was thinking ahead. I'll be there again tomorrow, probably around 3 to pick up the trailer, and maybe see if I can get some more guidance.

Thanks!

Frank
Just watch out for the rear bumper. They installed mine directly behind the bumper and it is hard to get the hose connected.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Frank, when I went to ParkLiner last year they added an inside drain, curb side at the lowest point to drain the lines. I don't need an outside faucet but to each their own.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #6

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Just watch out for the rear bumper. They installed mine directly behind the bumper and it is hard to get the hose connected.
They installed Tom's there too Huck!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #7

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Frank, when I went to ParkLiner last year they added an inside drain, curb side at the lowest point to drain the lines. I don't need an outside faucet but to each their own.
I would love an outside faucet Deryk. Hook up the hose and drain it somewhere away from the trailer.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0259.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	74049If I wanted to carry two hoses and wash my car on site I would use this. Won't help with draining the trailer water though. Edit, anyone tried those hoses that expand?
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #9

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Attachment 74049If I wanted to carry two hoses and wash my car on site I would use this. Won't help with draining the trailer water though. Edit, anyone tried those hoses that expand?
I have one of those Bob, thanks! The other part of this is that I do want a system drain.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #10

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:

Thanks!

Frank
Frank, Just a reminder when you're at the ParkLiner shop tomorrow - please check out the new frames to see if they are still welding the axle to the frame or have changed to bolting the axle to the frame. Just curious if they've made that change. Thanks....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #11

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Bob, my neighbour had one of the expandible hoses. While they were on vacation we watered the plants around their house. The third day the hose started leaking big time at the brass connection. We felt bad thinking we had done something to it as it was only a month old. After googling the hose we discovered that that was a major problem with them. It's a great idea but..... If you are only going to use it for very low pressure (we were at 75#) it may be fine. I did see a commercial today of what I think is a different hose, same idea but with orange ends. Didn't catch the name to check any reviews on it.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #12

New York
Will do Dale. Will keep ya posted!

Up early, got a red eye out of Albany. Don't want to disappoint those TSA folks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #13

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
We stayed at a campground in Virginia last year that had in their rules a statement that if you were caught washing your rig or vehicle on your site you would be subject to a surcharge of $350.00. Check the rules before hooking up that outside faucet.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #14

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner
Pennsylvania
Has anyone had a problem with the check valve on the city water inlet? On my first tank fill I flipped on the water pump switch and the pump ran continuously. The I realized that the water was shooting out of the city water inlet. Yikes. I have temporarily used a threaded hose cap when not connected to city water. I ordered another inlet fitting and will install when we return home from one month upper mid-west tour. Just curious if this has happened to any others.
Capn Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #15

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Bob View Post
Has anyone had a problem with the check valve on the city water inlet? On my first tank fill I flipped on the water pump switch and the pump ran continuously. The I realized that the water was shooting out of the city water inlet. Yikes. I have temporarily used a threaded hose cap when not connected to city water. I ordered another inlet fitting and will install when we return home from one month upper mid-west tour. Just curious if this has happened to any others.
Bob, Assuming you're talking about the 12V DC water pump, can it possibly be wired backward such that the pump is running backward? I think most RV water pumps have a built-in pressure switch such that when the line pressure is low, they kick on until the line pressure is high, then they shut themselves off until the line pressure drops again. If the pump motor was running backward, it seems like that could maybe, possibly, sort of explain why it wasn't generating enough line pressure to shut itself off and maybe, possibly, sort of explain why line water being pushed backward into the holding tank was forcing itself out the inlet (check-valve not withstanding). Let us know what you find out. Curious minds want to know....
Old 07-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #16

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Frank, Just a reminder when you're at the ParkLiner shop tomorrow - please check out the new frames to see if they are still welding the axle to the frame or have changed to bolting the axle to the frame. Just curious if they've made that change. Thanks....
Dale, when I got to the plant, there was a young fellow there who was waiting for me to have me call Chandler. Long story short, I never even made it into the factory, and for reasons I will not go into here, did not even think about this axle issue. Email or call Tom Bass, he should be able to tell you. tom@parkliner.com or call 336 269-2029.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #17

Colorado
Quote:
Dale, when I got to the plant, there was a young fellow there who was waiting for me to have me call Chandler. Long story short, I never even made it into the factory, and for reasons I will not go into here, did not even think about this axle issue. Email or call Tom Bass, he should be able to tell you. tom@parkliner.com or call 336 269-2029.
Frank
Will do. Were you able to get #006 back home in good running order? Dale
Old 07-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #18

New York
Yes Dale, long trip, but everything went fine. Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #19

New York
Hey folks, I am still looking for help with how to get a low water drain in. Those of you that have one, either installed by the factory or otherwise, can you give me a hand with where it is located, and how and what it is hooked up to? The faucet at this point is less of a concern, but I sure want to get a low water drain in before the snow flies!

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #20

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
On right is water input, on left is hot water tank, center is where tap was added for outside faucet.

Close up of tap

Outside faucet

Huck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner