Portable Waste Tank for 'EGGCAMPER' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #1

Name: Andrew
Trailer: eggcamper 2006#37
California
Portable Waste Tank for 'EGGCAMPER'

Hi All,

I was hoping someone out there could help me with which waste caddy or portable waste tank to go with for extended non hook up stays.

I had one all picked out until I read it was wise to consider that 'low trailers may need a low clearance waste tank' The Eggcamper meet the poop tube at 7" off the ground and most caddys are 11.5 inches high so I think that would be a problem.

I would like to get gray and black at the same time making it a 32 gallon caddy tank for eggcampers black being 8 Gallons and Grey being 24.

Any wisdom and experience in this subject greatly apprieciated thank you and happy egging!
abwegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:26 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
A 32 gallon caddy will weigh more than 250 lbs.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #3

Name: Andrew
Trailer: eggcamper 2006#37
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
A 32 gallon caddy will weigh more than 250 lbs.
Thank you yes I am aware of the weight. I was going to get a 4 wheel Baker (see link below) Do you mean it is common place to take Black Water first to dump and then come back for the Grey Water to flush the portable waste tank? Please clarify what you mean other than if you mean its a weight issue, this hooks right up to your trailer hitch and off ya go. I need to know what people use for Eggcampers staying a long time or use their campers for when company comes over and they use the toilets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
abwegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:09 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I just drag the black and grey tanks to the dump, as situated, in the trailer. No transfer, easy peasy. Get the fresh water filled at the same time and stop at a beer store.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #5

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
It would be a bit of a hassle, but you could nudge the camper up on blocks when you want to drain the tanks into a waste caddy. There are the plastic ones you can purchase that would be light to carry along. I made these from scrap pieces of 2" x 8" lumber to raise the front end our low-slung Prius when I need to slide underneath the front end to change the oil.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09910.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:38 PM   #6

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Andrew, While a bit costly, it looks like a macerator would fill your need. You could even leave the portable waste tank in the bed of your pickup (if you tow with a pickup, that is) for easy hauling and draining and let the macerator pump the liquefied waste up into it. The following link includes a good discussion at the bottom with several suggestions for supplying 12V DC power to run the macerator. RV Macerators And How They Make Dumping Waste Easier
Just a thought....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #7

Name: Eric
Trailer: EggCamper
Montana
I just "milk" the flexible sewage hose when I'm done draining my trailer tank. I connect the hose between my trailer and the external tank and let the hose rest on the ground. When I open the waste water valve, water fills the hose and overflows into the transfer tank. When I'm done draining my trailer tank (and before the external tank is full!!!!) I close the valve to stop any more waste water from entering the hose. Then I lift the hose where it connects to my trailer, bending it higher than the trailer sewer pipe. I move the high point of the hose along its length until I reach the transfer tank. I'm basically manipulating the hose to create a wave shape in the hose, with the peak of the wave moving toward the transfer tank. Perform this motion at least three times, or until the hose is empty. Also, make sure you have enough room in the tank to accept the water in the hose.

I'm not sure I'm describing this very well (or maybe I've over explained), but this is how I drain the tanks for my Eggcamper. I've encountered many campgrounds where the sewage connection is higher than my trailer's sewage outlet. Hope this helps.
Eric in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Whoa! It's been awhile since I've been able to trot out the M.O.A.T. (The mother of all totes).

I had decided to upgrade the wheels. Relatively easy job. Not ready for highway speeds but still easier to move about and much quieter. I considered a biohazard sticker but some people have no sense of humor...

To be honest, I use the 5 gallon tote (no wheels) to decant off a bit of grey water more than this tank (15 gal.). If grey water only, I have an excess bilge pump to move water uphill.

Both of which are Barker tanks which I've been satisfied with so far. The low profile tanks weren't available when I purchased.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0639.JPG  
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:04 PM   #9

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Steve, the guy whose picture is on the side must have had one HOT burrito!!!
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
I'm like most 4 year olds, once I get started on potty humor, I'm hard to stop.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper