Replacing a faucet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2021, 05:22 AM   #1

Name: Jenn
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Replacing a faucet

Hi everyone, we’d like to replace the faucet and was wondering can we install a hot/cold faucet or do we need to buy a cold water faucet only? We only have a cold water line. If it doesn’t matter what do you do with the second line? Thx!
Penelopeblue4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:18 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
The Trillium 4500 was originally manufactured with two faucets: a hand water pump tap that drew water from the fresh water tank and a city water pressure tap. Each of the two taps used a single hole.

Because the sink is small and there is little space behind the sink AND the fiberglass countertop flexes, I would choose a small, single hole tap / faucet for city water, such as a bar faucet. The other consideration is that your grey water is drained outside the trailer into a container you provide. If the grey water container is small, or if you don't want to be frequently disposing of large, heavy quantities of grey water, then you'll want the water to flow at a low rate, and limit the amount of water used.

We chose a small single tap water filter type faucet for city water use.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:34 AM   #3

Name: Jenn
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Thank you.
Penelopeblue4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:22 AM   #4

Name: marty
Trailer: Scamp
New York
Faucet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelopeblue4500 View Post
Hi everyone, we’d like to replace the faucet and was wondering can we install a hot/cold faucet or do we need to buy a cold water faucet only? We only have a cold water line. If it doesn’t matter what do you do with the second line? Thx!
Block the tube on the left.
kayaker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:31 AM   #5

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I bought a faucet with a top turn on lever; at the camper supply.
You turn it left for one line input to come on right for another line. I have no hot water input line. one side goes to the water pump, and water tank. the other line is hooked to an outlet on the side of the trailer ( a factory installed city water inlet.)
City water pressure is controlled by pressure regulator I put on the hose connected to the city outlet in camp grounds.
I would not buy a fixture with 2 knobs.
My fixture has a spray head that pulls out; I bought the most powerful water pump. I don't know if the brand of fixture is inferior, it works so poorly. I haven't tried it with city water pressure.
I had the sink out when I put it in. Have put in other fixture with sink in place but very close working conditions

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium