Replacing ice box - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1980 Boler
Alberta
Replacing ice box

Hey!

I'm starting some updates and rents on my 1980 Boler and one of the broken pieces in my trailer is the ice box/ 2 way fridge. Does anyone know where, in Canada, I can get one. All the items I find seem to be 3.4 cubic feet or deeper, and my trailer won't do more than 2.4 cubic feet without modification. (See pics in profile)

Thanks!!!
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:15 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I presume you're looking for an RV fridge, not an icebox (which is unpowered and uses ice). The size you're looking for is pretty common in tent trailers, so places that sell salvaged RV parts might have one.

Knowing the exact model you have now might help in getting one that's a good fit in the existing space.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #3

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Hi,

I'm looking to do the same thing. My refrigerator stopped working in Feb.

While I am a full timer, I am also not really mechanically inclined. It could be something as simple as a connection.

The final road to my RV spot was very bumpy and may have disconnected the line to both my heater and my fridge. The fridge worked the first few days I was here, then quit. The heater hasn't worked since January but, since I'm fulltiming here I have a plug in oil ambient radiator I use.

Jen
Old 09-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #4

Alberta
Hi Jon:

That's correct, I will be changing out the ice box (that the previous owner put in), originally the boler came with the fridge option. Well since the old owner replaced the original fridge and the ice box is now broken I want to put in the little fridge option again. Unfortunately in my area there are no salvage yards with what I am in need of and i have not found an online distributor. So I'm hoping someone can help point me in the correct direction.

I have a 1980 Boler B 130 B.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:18 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I'm not sure if you're replacing an ice box or a refrigerator. At any if you're looking for a new refrigerator here's one. Appliances : Dometic RM2193 (Replaces RM2202) Refrigerator

And if it's a refrigerator why are you replacing it?
Old 09-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #6

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I'm not sure if you're replacing an ice box or a refrigerator. At any if you're looking for a new refrigerator here's one. Appliances : Dometic RM2193 (Replaces RM2202) Refrigerator

And if it's a refrigerator why are you replacing it?
Hey Byron:

It used to be a fridge option, but for some reason the previous owner replaced it with an ice box. When I started my renos I noticed the icebox was broken. So, now I want to put the fridge back in. Unfortunately, because the last owner disposed of the original fridge I will have to purchase a new one or find a used fridge elsewhere. It's just that there's nothing at any of the salvage yards around here.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
Hey Byron:

It used to be a fridge option, but for some reason the previous owner replaced it with an ice box. When I started my renos I noticed the icebox was broken. So, now I want to put the fridge back in. Unfortunately, because the last owner disposed of the original fridge I will have to purchase a new one or find a used fridge elsewhere. It's just that there's nothing at any of the salvage yards around here.
You probably won't find a used fridge any place that will fit anyplace.