Rodding out a Tankless water heater - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2021, 06:27 PM   #1

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Rodding out a Tankless water heater

After a number of years I found that the flow rate out of the Fastar tankless water heater has diminished a good bit.
I decided to use some white vinegar and a small squeeze bottle to flush out the heater. As there are valves on both the inlet and outlet sides so that the radiator can be drained for freezing weather I decided to fit a tube to each in turn and push the vinegar up and over in the heater. I filled each side in turn until a little flowed out the other side and then shut the valve and waited while it worked. then the other side and repeated several times.
When done and I turned the water back on I once again had full flow and better control of the heating adjustment.
Just a heads up for the others who are using these very handy devices.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Our in-home heater recommends that every couple of years. Our plumber has a portable pump and a bucket and recycles the vinegar water mix, I think for an hour. We're on a well system with fairly hard water and calcium but also have a water softener.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote