Scamp 16 side bath - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
Scamp 16 side bath

I've tried searching, but I am just not finding the answer I am looking for. (even using google site search) So here is my question... Does anyone know if there is a difference in the size of the side bath between the standard and the deluxe models? And if so, the dimensions? I've been holding out for a front bath model, but I'm getting tired of searching for a trailer, and I want to broaden my search if I can. I am just a little concerned about the side bath being too small.
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
The side bath is so tiny I can not get in and close the door.
The front bath feels luxurious to me by comparison.

You don't mention the important variable? How big you are?
I looked at and considered both versions for about a day after seeing my 1st side bath model in person.

Your Mileage May Vary as they say.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
Thanks Ed. That's what I am worried about - fitting in the darned thing! I'm not exactly skinny anymore....
I have seen a front bath in person, but not a side bath - so I am still hoping someone will chime in if they know there is a difference between the two side bath models. I have found the dimensions on this site for the length of the side bath, but not the width.
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #4

Name: Judith
Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Texas
bath size

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M View Post
I've tried searching, but I am just not finding the answer I am looking for. (even using google site search) So here is my question... Does anyone know if there is a difference in the size of the side bath between the standard and the deluxe models? And if so, the dimensions? I've been holding out for a front bath model, but I'm getting tired of searching for a trailer, and I want to broaden my search if I can. I am just a little concerned about the side bath being too small.
Hi, I own 2 of the 16 ft and in MI, yes the side bath is smaller than the front bath, I would say about 2 ft. I have this one for sale it is a side dinnette, front bath, back has a permante custom mattress. It is great to sleep on as all the scamp cushions are hard! Judy call me 1-734-677-3144
Scamper on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #5

Texas
Above
Old 07-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #6

Texas
jjfjfjfl
Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
John, I own a sidebath Scamp. It is small and I'm 5'7". BUT, I figure for every inch put into a bath takes it from someplace else. I'd rather have more closet space, more counter space, more usable space somewhere else. I'm used to a PTA bath. I mean really, how much time does one spend in there any way? YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #8

Name: Dorothy
Trailer: currently shopping
Minnesota
We have the 16' Scamp with the front bath, but I would have preferred buying a used with a side bath--you get a bigger visual space front to back and don't feel as closed in as with the front bath. I'm with Donna on this one.
The Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #9

Name: Dorothy
Trailer: currently shopping
Minnesota
Also, John--why don't you just call up the Scamp factory? My husband and I toured the factory in Backus MN over Presidents' Day weekend, and everybody we talked to was incredibly friendly. I'm sure they would be willing to answer all your questions.
The Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I did not like my side bath model because as you step into it there is nothing underneath to hold the floor in place. I felt like I was going to break through that floorboard if not stepping over and way into the side bath. Thus I traded for a front bath. With that one I stepped into a hole for the wet bath and could not reach the toilet without a stool.
I have had a Casita too and that was the best in my opinion. Eggless for now because I listened to my hubby and sold the Casita. Mistake on my part, as I loved my little 16 ft Casita.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp