Scamp 16 Toilet Location? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #1

Name: Ryan
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16- side bath
Virginia
Scamp 16 Toilet Location?

I would love to get some input on the factory spacing/installation of the Sealand 711 Toilet/tank in my Scamp 16. Mine has the side "privacy room" and I will be adding the toilet/tank very soon.

If anyone has some measurements and/or photos to help me determine the relative location of the black tank in relationship to the bathroom walls that would be great.

Thank you.
Ryan P R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
Mine had the same 'privacy room'. Rather than go with a permanent installation, I added a port-a-potty in the room. Easy to dump when needed. Most times, I camp where there are facilities, so I can either leave the potty at home for more storage, or just not use it. I have had it for over a year and have yet to even 'charge' it as I haven't needed it.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #3

Name: Ryan
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16- side bath
Virginia
Thx Dennis- but there is no question or debate about it. I am definitely installing the stock toilet in my Scamp. I've paid for it and received it along with a bunch of other new goodies.... Unfortunately the toilet was damaged in shipping but that is aside from the point.
Ryan P R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Ryan on mine the black tank sits right up against the back wall that is shared with the kitchen and as far as it will go against the outside wall - so you end up with a 5 or six inch space between the tank/toilet and the door wall.

I dont have a photo of mine handy right now but there is a photo here of the same set up.

Hope that helps.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp