Scamp Water System - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 Scamp Side Dinette 16 ft / 2006 Honda Pilot
Scamp Water System

Okay. I have had it. Going in circles trying to figure out the hot water connection (cold is the same) for the shower in my '04 Scamp. Water tubing is exposed on the closet side which is bad enough. Then the clothes rod fell and dragged the hot water tube out at the faucet connection. I've done some work as a plumber's helper and do all the plumbing on my house. But, I'll be darned if I can figure the concept here. Can't get the tube connector to seat and stay in place. Maybe an O ring or something disappeared with the flood. Anyway, I am going to get rid of the set up like I did the sink faucet. I replaced that with a small bar faucet with real brass fittings. What a concept. Any good ideas out there for changing out the shower faucet? Rather not have to change the tubing. How do I mate to that?
RonnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
A picture would help. On my 2004 S-19 the trailer is plumbed with PEX. My trailer uses a PEX 90 degree 1/2 barb to 1/2 female pipe connection. You can get them from Lowes or Home Depot. They are fairly inexpensive compared to the other PEX fittings. You will need a PEX crimper and crimp ring if you need to replace the fitting.
I think Scamp may have used the connection method of expanding the pipe and let it contract around the fitting that method did not use crinp rings. I would replace both the fittings and use crimp ring fittings and crimp rings.

Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
For just one connection splurge and get the PEX compression fitting. They are more money but by the time you get the crimper etc you'll be better off.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp