sealand toilet removal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
BSA

Name: Brian
Trailer: 87 scamp 16
Utah
Registry
sealand toilet removal

Hi all. I am tired of dealing with the Traveler toilet/holding tank on my 88 16'. I would like to remove it but don't know where to start, (Other than getting out the saws-all). The water is disconnected and the hold down clips are out. It seems pretty solid when I pry between the tank and floor. How do I get rid of all the ABS and valve below?

Please let me know if you have experience with this. Thanks. Brian
BSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:37 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The toilet is sealed to the floor with a wax ring. The drain pipe has to be cut off so you can unscrew the drain pipe from the bottom of the tank. To be reinstalled you will have to buy new drain piping from Scamp.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp 13 Layout B
Washington
I rebuilt my Traveler toilet last year and found it easier than expected. Start by downloading the manual:http://http://manuals.dometic.com/
You may need to buy parts from Scamp (gaskets) or your local RV shop (gate valve) but I found most of the parts in my local hardware store.
As stated above, the wax ring may hold the tank tight to the floor. So first remove the water supply line, vent pipe (I had to cut this), toilet, and sewer pipe underneath. This also had to be cut so I could remove the threaded pipe from the holding tank.
sweendog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp