Showering in a Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500
Hi,

Here is how we take a shower in our trailer. The set up take no more than 10 minutes and the 4 1/2 gal. bucket full to 3 inches to the top of warm water will be enough for 2 showers.

The upper part is made from plastic plumbing pipes and connecting pieces. Only the ring parts and the shower parts are glued together. But the shower assembly is not glued to the ring. The bottom part is a 60 gal water heater pan. 2 shower curtains are attached to the top part and fall nicely into the bottom pan. The shower pump is made by Coleman and the bottom pump is a small and not expensive bilge pump easy to find in a marine store. I made a hole in the floor of the trailer to evacuate the water where possible. The bilge pump will rise the water into the sink if needed to hold it into the gray water tank. After usage, everything is disassembled and store inside the water pan and under the permanent bed.

We used this set up many times during the last 5 years specially when we go to florida. It is quite usefull.

I posted about this a few years ago but it got lost.

Alain

The shower pump is from the Coleman battery-power shower, maybe not available any more.
The bilge pump is the Attwood V500, around 20$
Attached Thumbnails
Shower_1.jpg   Shower_2.jpg  

Shower_3.jpg   Shower_4.jpg  

Alain B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
another good setup is Here
Just keep hitting next for the other pictures.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp
Alain,
How long do the D batteries last? I'm going to a fest where there isn't water hook-up or showers. I am very interested in the shower pump. I have a bathroom, however, I've never used the water heater. We use the campground showers and heat up a little water in the microwave for dishes.

Cabela's offers a Zodi for $29.95.

Zodi pump
brendaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500
I missed this reply. Sorry!

We used the shower last weekend for the first time this year and we are still using the same set of batteries that we bought at least 3 years ago.

I wonder if it is still possible to find the Coleman Shower?

Alain

Edit: The ZODI Outback Gear Battery Powered Shower seem to have very good review. Cost around 35$
Alain B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium