Originally Posted by AC0GV
While working on a ham radio project today I noticed some rust on the freshwater tank strap and screw. It took a while to find this minor leak. It turned out that the hose barb for the vent on the fill was broken inside the hose. I am sure the only time it ever leaked was when I over filled the tank, and I do every time. I fill until I see water shoot out of the vent.
I made the repairs, I had the idea that some sealant would help, it did not. The vent fitting is tapered so the slimed up hose just slipped off the fitting. After flaring the end it stayed on.
But next, after fixing the secondary tank, I checked the primary tank for leaks
and found that both screws on the back strap had pulled out of the floor. That trip to Kentucky last month did have some rough highways.