Thetford water valve - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2021, 02:52 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Thetford water valve

Our thetford toilet has acquired a leaking water valve. The part number is 34100. Our problem is finding the valve. All the places we have looked are out of this valve with the soonest backorder date after our planned departure in June.

If anyone knows of a chain that has this part in stock please send me a PM with info.
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:24 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
You can install a water shutoff valve in your water feed line to the toilet. Open the valve when you need to use the toilet with your leaky valve until you find a replacement. A lot of people install these valves as a safety feature for their toilet due to issues that can happen with a failed toilet valve.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Eddie
Eddie Longest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #3

Name: Ward
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Replacement water valve

I installed a Sharkbite cutoff valve and replaced the water valve:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
WardDeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:58 AM   #4

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Water valve

Thanks for the replies, esp the link to the valve, that was my next option. All the big brand rv dealers eBay and others were out of the valve I needed. Friend I work with has a brother working for Johnny's RV in Theadore AL, they had two of them. Problem is fixed now with a spare. It is apparent that this valve has a high failure rate so the shutoff valve is a good idea. Wife is happy I'm happy.

Now if I could find a portable bandsaw mill that easy!

Thanks again!
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot