Toilet options for a 1987 Bigfoot 19' ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2024, 11:56 AM   #1

Name: Jay
Trailer: Bigfoot
string:BC
Toilet options for a 1987 Bigfoot 19' ?

Hello, I am hoping someone can offer some advice on a new toilet I should go with?

I am basically gutting the whole trailer and and want to create a new bathroom. We don't need a shower in it but just a sink and toilet.

I attached a pic of our trailer where the bathroom used to be. Can anyone give me some advice on a toilet that would work for us?

Thank you guys look forward to hearing from you.

Jay
Attached Thumbnails
image_67216641.jpg  
Jay in Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 02:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Sorry, but in your picture, frankly, it doesn't even look like a trailer at this point. Do you plan to install a black water holding tank above the floor or under the floor? It will make a big difference in the toilet height you'll need.

My Casita has an above the floor black water tank, but I don't know what you have planned for a tank.

I replaced my original plastic Thetford toilet with a Sea-Land 511 ceramic bowl toilet with wooden seat, and it was a huge improvement.

I re-did my complete bathroom. All the fixtures. New stainless steel sink, recessed bulkhead quick release independent shower, (that I also use plugged into the outside shower,) and of course, the toilet. I wanted the shower knobs recessed because I hate backing into stuff, especially in the small bathroom enclsure. I split the H&C water lines inside the front closet, so that the sink and shower are both "stand-alone" plumbing lines. No diverter to pull up on the sink.

* The original plastic corner sink, that I removed.
* My new stainless steel sink and recessed shower with quick release mixing valve.
* With shower hose plugged in, ready to use.
* My new Sea-Land 511 ceramic porcelain toilet.
* Corner view of sink, shower, and the front window I installed. (Never could stand not being able to see out front.)
* My HepvO bladder drain line for the sink, No more "P" traps!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0001 (2).jpg   IMG_0015.jpg  

IMG_0023.jpg   casita1 018.jpg  

IMG_0016 (2).JPG   IMG_0001 (5).JPG  

Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 02:35 PM   #3

Name: Jay
Trailer: Bigfoot
string:BC
Wow Greg that looks amazing! Great job. We hated the fiberglass unit in the shower and wanted a bigger sink. We are going to do hot water on demand with an outdoor shower wand attachment.

We will only be summer campers

The original toilet had the above floor tank. I could always do that again and just build a raised floor to hide it, I was thinking.

I was just wondering what other people may have done.

Thank you so much for replying

Jay
Jay in Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:12 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
I suggest you look into a Separate brand, Tiny model waterless toilet. No black tank or visits to the dump station. Very simple install. less odor compared to the water based system. No water use. Once you accept the new idea of a waterless toilet, you'll likely never go back to a water based unit again.

The Tiny is a simpler system than the so-called "composting" models and has real advantages. So compare accurately if you are trying to decide between them.

I've had a Tiny in my last two trailers and will never have a black tank again.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Sorry, no room in my world for a waterless toilet. Just me.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot