Too much pressure - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #41

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I like an adjustable regulator and have one with the filter on one end and a bib on the other end that a pressure gauge can show CG pressure or just a regular hose on it. I keep the pressure going to the camper at 40 PSI or below. I usually use two hoses the 25 goes to the area of my back bumper where I attach my filter and then a second short hose goes to the hookup on the trailer. In the picture , I happened to hook the filter to the regulator because the bib was high enough and water was close to the Eacape. Otherwise, I use a wrap of masking tape or black electrical tape to keep the filter on the bumper up out of the dirt etc. I’ve camped where pressure was 100 PSI with my regulator. Every water system is different and if a system is not looped where pressure is generally uniform throughout the system and instead the CG is on the end of the system, pressures can be high. Does a job on irrigation systems at times also. Laugh if you’d like, works for me. That’s a DCVA regulator assy to prevent backflow. Yes, I have stock in Continental Brass Company. YMMV
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Being among the "Top brass" at my place I'm under a lot of "Pressure" too!!! Every system is different but I have learned not to use another regulator if there is one already on the CG. hose bib!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:10 AM   #42

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I remember when we had no water bottles and the attendant billions of tons of plastic and we actually from the hose like everyone else when outside.
You had to let it run a little and make sure that you wiped off the dog **** first.
Now people feel like they need to drink water from Fiji for it to be pure enough.

(But nowhere in Fiji Water's glossy marketing materials will you find reference to the typhoid outbreaks that plague Fijians because of the island's faulty water supplies, the corporate entities that Fiji Water has set up in tax havens like the Cayman Islands and Luxembourg, or the fact that its signature bottle is made from Chinese plastic in a diesel-fueled plant and hauled thousands of miles)

I have and use a filter and the regulator I have is on the end of the hose that pulls out from the powered reel.
Last month I had to use a hose extension to reach a faucet and the pressure was so high that blew out that hose.
I moved the regulator to the bibb end of the new hose!
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:40 AM   #43

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Vacuum breaker/ embarasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Iowa Dave... Being among the "Top brass" at my place I'm under a lot of "Pressure" too!!! Every system is different but I have learned not to use another regulator if there is one already on the CG. hose bib!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
The pic was taken at Nk Mip where they had installed a vacuum breaker on each hydrant and on the one we hooked up to the maintenance man had snapped off the tamper proof screw which is proper and prevents theft. Did not have a problem but I have been peed on by these deals in the past. I see people whispering about my wet pants but I ignore them. 65 years of working and playing with water hoses has made me insensitive and rusty.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote