water facet in sink doesn't work - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 05:58 AM   #1

Name: Gerald
Trailer: Viking
Pennsylvania
water facet in sink doesn't work

I just bought a 21' Viking trailer and no very little about it. I went to a camp and plugged the camp water into my city water inlet. I turned on the water and waited five or ten minutes. At first I mistakenly turned on the water pump but then realized after reading the manual, that I shouldn't do that if I was using direct water from the camp, so I turned it off. Five or 10 minutes later there was water in my toilet and my bathtub. But there was no water in my kitchen sink. I waited five minutes more. Still no water in my sink. When I emptied the fresh water tank there was hardly any water in it, and when I emptied the sewage tank there was a little water that came out of it. Anybody know what's wrong? Thanks.
Gerald1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:05 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler
Registry
First off hooking up to the water inlet will not fill your fresh tank. This is done by a separate filling inlet. If you have water everywhere else ie toilet and bathroom sink I would look under the counter and see if there is a shutoff for the kitchen sink. If not it's possible the kitchen tap is broken. Do you have water coming out of the cold and not the hot maybe? Is the water heater bypass taps not set correctly?
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
First thing I would check would be to un-thread the aerator screen from the end of the faucet and check it for a buildup of sand and debris that has gotten sucked up into the water line over time, which gets trapped against the fine mesh screen in the aerator. They are very often the culprit for a faucet clogging up.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
First thing I would check would be to un-thread the aerator screen from the end of the faucet and check it for a buildup of sand and debris that has gotten sucked up into the water line over time, which gets trapped against the fine mesh screen in the aerator. They are very often the culprit for a faucet clogging up.

Good response. Simple solutions to problem. Now we'll wait and see if the OP responds.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:56 PM   #5

Name: Gerald
Trailer: Viking
Pennsylvania
will check

Thanks for your helpful replies. I will check to see if there's a shutoff value under the kitchen faucet. Right now the trailer's at a dealer being repaired (an electrical problem). I was wondering whether it takes time for the kitchen faucet to work. I turned on the water spout outside and waited about ten minutes. The toilet would flush and there was water from the shower. However, no water from the kitchen. Does it take time to get to the kitchen? It's a new trailer so I don't think it's clogged anywhere.
Gerald1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I've seen new trailers that were set up with a valve, a 3 way maybe, where once you are hooked up to city water you can set the valve to fill the onboard fresh water tank, or direct feed the plumbing, sinks, toilet, water heater and even flush the black tank. No separate fill port. We were next to a trailer with that set up, and the valve screwed up and kept sending water to the tank, filled it, and then water ran out the overflow on to the ground. Calls to the camper dealer resulted in "bring it back for a valve replacement"
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote