Water tank for 1985 Burro trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 08:44 PM   #1

Name: Neal
Trailer: Burro
California
Water tank for 1985 Burro trailer

Just got a 1985 Burro 13ft trailer. I have stumbled through learning this thing and so far everything works. The one thing that I haven’t been able to test is the water pump. Everything looks in order except for the fact there is no water tank which from what I have read should be under right rear seat compartment. Does anyone have a picture of how this is connected or what tank I need to get. Pictures would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
NealMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:42 PM   #2

Name: RJ
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
North Carolina
Hi Neal,

When I got my 1982 Burro 13' it was also missing the water tank. I located a source for replacement (below), but after talking with several other camper's I decided not to order it. For one thing, I didn't want to add yet another 100 lbs. of weight when traveling. Some had suggested to just fill the tank when you arrive. Other's suggested it's a pain to keep it "drinkable clean" after you begin using it the first time... That hit home with me!

After some serious thought I decided to buy a 3-gallon water jug from Walmart; it fits perfectly under the sink cabinet. Since I had just replaced the hand pump (eBay) I got some clear tubing and cut it to length from the pump to rest in a circle on the bottom in the jug. I use a piece of cloth to wrap around the tubing going into the jug to keep out dust and dirt. I fill the jug when I arrive, and empty it when I leave. I bring filtered-water to drink from home in a separate container.

Oh, and I really like having that extra storage space where a tank originally sat anchored to the floor in the driver's side basement.

Here's the information I found back then, if you decide to go that route:

Barker Fresh Water Tank, 12 gallons
http://www.rvpartscountry.com/Fresh-...2-gallons.html
Parts Number: 881021
Manufacturer Number: 11914
MSRP: $159.43
Your Price: $107.50
Non-toxic, food grade polyethylene water tanks are tasteless, odorless, and rust proof. All inlets are made of barbed hose so there are no threads to strip. Each tank includes parts necessary for a complete installation. 12 gal. 20"L x 12"H x 12"W. 1 per pack.

Barker – 12 Gal. Water Tank Kit
1125 Watkins Rd/PO Box 460
Battle Creek, MI 49016
Phone: (269) 965-2371
Fax: (269) 965-2389
www.BarkerMfg.com
Service@BarkerMfg.com

Have fun - I suspect you'll love your Burro as much as I do mine! - RJ
RJnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:36 PM   #3

California
Wow! This is exactly what I needed to hear. That makes so much sense and what a space, time and money saver. I am going with your approach for sure. Thank you so much. So I have the hose that goes from the outside of the Burro to the water pump and then there is another off shoot hose that has a small lever shut off valve. Do you know what this is for? Will post pictures below.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:54 PM   #4

California
Here it is
Attached Thumbnails
2894736A-07C7-4173-96D3-631123D76C93.jpg  
Old 06-17-2021, 07:04 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Are you sure the outside filler hose goes to the pump? Is the outside end a garden hose connection? It’s possible that a previous owner moved some hoses so that they could use the pump to bring in water from an outside jug or container. The pump would suck the water from this outside source to your inside faucet. The shut-off would be a protection so that you could isolate this hose when needed.

Usually, the outside hose connection would bypass the pump and provide a direct city water connection to your faucet. They may have changed this routing.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:28 AM   #6

California
Yes. to the left of the splitter pictured is the hose that goes out the back of the trailer with the hose connection on it. I will test today. It would be incredible if the black en d fitting in the above picture was already fabricated for a small 3 gallon under sink option. It would actually make sense because there is no attached tank.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:24 AM   #7

Name: Larry
California
Forget the under bench tank.

I agree with the earlier advice about the 3 gallon tank under the sink.
Dumped my under the seat tank a few years ago and it’s been great.
I just add a teaspoon of bleach to a little water, let the movement of towing slosh it around, rinse at campsite and fill. Always clean, and simple.
Burroman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro