For Sale: 1976 Burro 17 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #1

Name: Larry
Trailer: Burro
IL
1976 Burro 17

This baby loves to travel and travels well! My wife and our five children have traveled all over the country in it over the past 15 or so years. When they were small, ages from 5 to 15, we slept in the queen bed with the little one at our feet. The other four slept two in the front bunk beds, and two on the floor. In this trailer, we have been to the Badlands, Death Valley, the Everglades, the Yukon, Nova Scotia, New Orleans, the Smoky Mountains, Long Island New York, Portland, Oregon and Maine, around Lake Michigan, around Lake Superior, and onto Kelly Island in Lake Erie. It follows like a shadow up and down mountains and around hairpin curves. Its responsiveness makes it a champ at mountain driving such as the Going to the Sun road in Glacier National Park, the Rocky Mountains and the mountain ranges in and out of Death Valley.

It has an after market 5000 lb rated axle installed by the previous owner with good radial rubber on the ground. The spare is bias ply, and will need to be changed.

The three burner stove works, but there is some rust on the plate.

Refrigerator works on propane and 110. The 12 volt setting does not work, but I never missed it, because when I used it, I always forgot to disconnect the trailer when I parked. So, when I got back, both batteries would be run down. To solve that problem, I stopped using it.

We took the shower out of the bathroom and installed a clothes rod to use that area as a closet. The toilet works fine.

All lights are LED, inside and out except for a fluorescent fixture over the sink that the prior owner installed, and which only works on 110 volts. Even without that fixture, there is plenty of light for reading or games or whatever.

The outside shell has been professionally painted, so the unit needs to be washed and waxed from time to time, but the fiberglass no longer powders in the sun. There are no leaks. The windows need to be caulked from time to time. The current caulk is good.

The queen bed no longer converts into a dining area, because a prior owner weighed a lot and put a reinforced wooden panel in to support his weight. We replaced all the smaller cushions with three firm cushions for that bed, so the upholstery is upgraded. The cushions and upholstery for the bunk beds are also upgraded, and that area does convert into a breakfast table.

The original floor carpet has been replaced with tile.

By way of full disclosure, the hot water heater doesn't work, but, like the 12 volt refrigerator setting, we never used it anyway.

Over all, this is a great 3 season trailer. The only reason I am selling it is because I want a 4 season trailer for when we retire.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1976 Burro 17

Larry Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:42 PM   #2

Name: Evan
Trailer: Currently shopping
California
I was wondering the price on your trailer?
Efunk3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efunk3030 View Post
I was wondering the price on your trailer?

Click on the link to the ad that is in the post above.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:17 AM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
$6500
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:58 AM   #5

Name: Angela
Trailer: Cloud
United States
Registry
Approx. Wt?

Hello Larry,
Do you have an approximate weight for your Burro? I currently own a 13 ft Cloud 1100 lbs. Like the size and floor plan of your rig. Ang
Ang. in Racine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We had the smaller Burro, but as I recall, the 17' wide body model is between 2,800 and 2,900 lbs. This model is not a wide body, so it probably weighs in around 2,500. It also does not have a roof AC, which adds more weight. Someone may correct me!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:59 PM   #7

Name: Larry
Trailer: Burro
IL
This model is a wide body.
Larry Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 PM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
1976 Burro 17

Were they making the 17’ wide body in 1976? I’ve never seen one anywhere near that old. There’s some discussion of the history here:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...any-24877.html
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote