For Sale: 1982 Fiber Stream 7/16CCH White - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-24-2019, 02:59 PM   #1

Name: Pam
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Washington
1982 Fiber Stream 7/16CCH White

Incredible opportunity for someone interested in a Fiber Stream Trailer. Free to Fiber Stream enthusiast.This trailer was my husbands and he recently died. We used it for years and it ran great. I am in the process of cleaning it out and would like it to have a good home with someone that would really enjoy it. I am just putting out feelers here to see if I can find it a good home, if not I will sell on Craigslist. I haven't taken pictures of it yet. The only issues I am aware of is my husband took the air conditioning unit off of it. I have the unit . Also, it looks like he sealed the air vent shut. Not sure what he was thinking. He has also putting some sort of sealant on the roof but It has never leaked that I know of.

It is original except for the cushions. If you are interested contact me via message at 206 Two two 7 six 350 and I will get back to you. I live on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1982 Fiber Stream 7/16CCH White
Pointessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:06 PM   #2

Name: Stephen
Trailer: NotYet
Ohio
Text number is wrong!?!

The number in this message to text you is wrong?
apfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #3

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Looking for a Meerkat
California
More Fiber

Hi Pam,
I would love fix up your Fiberstream! I have been on this website for years looking for a little trailer and just saw a Fiberstream in the Bay area last night that cought my attention, so I am very keen on the Fiberstream and yours must be one of the last ones made. I live in the central coast of California and will be taking the month of August off. I would love to drive up to Washington with my wife and dog and tour with the Fiberstream back down the coast. If you do not have any takers, I would be honered to get you and your husbands trailer and fix up. I can send you $500 in Paypal right now as a thank you and to hold the trailer until we get there next month.

PLease write back,

Kevin Coburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointessa View Post
Incredible opportunity for someone interested in a Fiber Stream Trailer. Free to Fiber Stream enthusiast.This trailer was my husbands and he recently died. We used it for years and it ran great. I am in the process of cleaning it out and would like it to have a good home with someone that would really enjoy it. I am just putting out feelers here to see if I can find it a good home, if not I will sell on Craigslist. I haven't taken pictures of it yet. The only issues I am aware of is my husband took the air conditioning unit off of it. I have the unit . Also, it looks like he sealed the air vent shut. Not sure what he was thinking. He has also putting some sort of sealant on the roof but It has never leaked that I know of.

It is original except for the cushions. If you are interested contact me via message at 206 Two two 7 six 350 and I will get back to you. I live on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1982 Fiber Stream 7/16CCH White
Oxford9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #4

Name: Zach
Trailer: 91 Bigfoot 17
Montana
Registry
Pam, first off I'm really sorry to hear about your husband.

As to the trailer, it would help if you clarified a bit. I'm not in the market, though I'd LOVE to have a fiberstream someday. A guy who camps at the same music jam I go to every summer has one. If I went vintage, it's probably what I'd get.

But...is it free, or are you selling it? You say "free to fiber stream enthusiast", but also mention selling it on craigslist. Problem with "free" is that you'll most likely get someone who will simply flip it. Say "I'm a fiber stream enthusiast!" then turn around and sell it for money. But I'm not sure that you really mean you plan to give it away?

Also, posting photos will help a TON, whether it's free or not.

Heck, for free, if it's in decent condition, I'll drive over and grab it and hold onto it until I'm not living in my camper anymore and can justify something smaller than my Bigfoot.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:50 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I agree. List at a fair market value based on condition to discourage flippers, riff-raff, and clueless wannabes. If you find the right person with experience and wherewithal to do a good job with this trailer that clearly has personal and historical significance, you can always make a private offer for less. Or free.

Best wishes finding that person! Wish it were me, but Iím not up for a project right now.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:03 AM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I agree. List at a fair market value based on condition to discourage flippers, riff-raff, and clueless wannabes. If you find the right person with experience and wherewithal to do a good job with this trailer that clearly has personal and historical significance, you can always make a private offer for less. Or free.

Best wishes finding that person! Wish it were me, but I’m not up for a project right now.
100% with John on this. I restore vintage bicycles as a hobby. I have given people bicycles before because of a great hard luck story, and then I have seen my bike for sale a week later on C/L for $200 or more. The stories people can tell...

Instead, I would sell it at a realistic, market based price. If you don't need the money, then I would donate to a worthy cause in your area. If you want it GONE fast, list it at a below market price, but not a give away. Realize on transactions like this, its a transfer of wealth from your family to an unknown buyer. Maybe the funds could be used by you to add to grandchildrens college. Or helping out a best friend.

I'd rather help people and causes that I know personally than ones I don't know. I run out of money before I run out of these causes, so I don't have $$ left over for random, unknown stuff.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:33 AM   #7

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
100% with John on this. I restore vintage bicycles as a hobby. I have given people bicycles before because of a great hard luck story, and then I have seen my bike for sale a week later on C/L for $200 or more. The stories people can tell...

Instead, I would sell it at a realistic, market based price. If you don't need the money, then I would donate to a worthy cause in your area. If you want it GONE fast, list it at a below market price, but not a give away. Realize on transactions like this, its a transfer of wealth from your family to an unknown buyer. Maybe the funds could be used by you to add to grandchildrens college. Or helping out a best friend.

I'd rather help people and causes that I know personally than ones I don't know. I run out of money before I run out of these causes, so I don't have $$ left over for random, unknown stuff.

Thanks so much for your concern. Everything you say is true. My situation is that I can't answer many questions about it to someone who is paying money for it. My husband could have but I can't. I have had someone that offered to send me money today for it and I am giving it away to someone else. I'm not naive and trusting by nature, but I am going to try to be in this instance. I wanted to do something nice for someone. If they choose to lie and scam me, well that is something they can live with. It won't be the first time that has happened. I found someone that seems sincere and enthused about it and I will leave it at that.

I will take the add down and if this first interaction falls through, I will take your advice.

You are very kind, thank a million,Pam

I really do appreciate your taking the time to help me.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:53 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
1982 Fiber Stream 7/16CCH White

I can tell this is a very difficult and stressful time for you. Sometimes you just have to let go and move forward, and itís not about money. Seems like youíre doing exactly that. Of course we all join you in hoping the trailer has found a worthy owner. Even if not, these fiberglass trailers donít die but eventually find a new owner and live on.

I wish you the best in your healing process.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:05 PM   #9

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
I just want to join in and offer my condolences and very best wishes.

Harold
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:02 PM   #10

Name: Randy
Trailer: In the Market
Oregon
Sorry About your Husband that's rough.
If it's Free and your serious about getting it to a good home with someone who will use it and take care of it.
I have always wanted one and can come get it Friday or Sat. Its the one trailer I have been looking for but unable to find one in decent Shape.
email me pls. I'm in Oregon a few hours drive away.
aussieblnd@hotmail.com
Randy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:25 PM   #11

Washington
I just gave it to a wonderful couple this afternoon. Thank you for your interest.

Mods, if you could close this thread, as I no longer have the trailer available.

Thanks,
Pam