For Sale: 1985 uhaul ct13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2020, 07:39 AM   #1

Name: dawn
Trailer: U haul ct 13
West Virginia
1985 uhaul ct13

FOR SALE We have another project in mind that doesn't justify keeping it. For those not familiar, this is a 1985 U Haul Ct 13 13ft model . Uhaul built and rented these in the 80s before closing down the recreation division and selling them off to the public. They are built very well for rental use, the shell is a double hull design. We purchased this a couple years back and did a complete rebuild and transformation. You wont find another one like it. It has solar, a/c and heat, maxx fan, outdoor shower setup, exterior spot lights and underglow mood lighting, bluetooth stereo with interior and exterior speakers, ARB awning, a slight lift for additional ground clearance, professionally painted exterior and many unique features such as the exo cage/roof rack...which is designed to be removable if desired. Interior has a full bed setup with front couch, however we do still have the original table and bunkbed setup if new owner wants to change the current setup. Propane stovetop and original pump sink with fresh water holding tank. Not sure of empty weight but fully loaded for camping with our kayaks was 2300lbs. Obviously we designed this with my jeep in mind but anything jeep related such as decals is easily removed. For those with a jeep, you can appreciate the factory jeep tail lights, rear bumper, and gas cap we incorporated. It's in great condition and always been stored under roof out of the elements. We are located in Central WV. Asking 16,000 and in no hurry to sell it. We have an appraisal for almost 20k when we completed it. Please serious inquiries only.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1985 uhaul ct13

WV Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Very very cool
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:07 AM   #3

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: currently shopping
CT
What is the interior height of this trailer, as measured with the current floor, etc? Is that the height for the whole camper, or just a small area in the center?
eposegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #4

West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eposegate View Post
What is the interior height of this trailer, as measured with the current floor, etc? Is that the height for the whole camper, or just a small area in the center?
Interior height is approximately 6ft. Its the same height throughout.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:40 PM   #5

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: currently shopping
CT
Could you take an exact measurement? I ask because I am just under 6' in height so whether it is 5'11" or 6'1" makes a big difference for me.
eposegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #6

West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eposegate View Post
Could you take an exact measurement? I ask because I am just under 6' in height so whether it is 5'11" or 6'1" makes a big difference for me.
The walking area is exactly 72inches (6ft) inside. Now the door entry is shorter due to the curvature of the shell but your stepping up into the doorway so your not necessarily ducking your head to go in if you know what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
20201118_153427.jpg  
Old 11-25-2020, 05:53 PM   #7

Name: Luis
Trailer: U-Haul
Pennsylvania
Uhaul camper lift

Sad to see that you’re selling it. I’ve read all the things you’ve done to it, and I’m interested in learning about the lift you put into it to get the larger tires to work.
U-Haul Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:34 AM   #8

West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Haul Luis View Post
Sad to see that you’re selling it. I’ve read all the things you’ve done to it, and I’m interested in learning about the lift you put into it to get the larger tires to work.
Its a 3" spacer lift added to the frame at the axle. There is a complete build post with pics and details in the Uhaul camper facebook group if your interested in seeing more specifics in how it was fabricated and installed.

I am on the fence about selling to be honest. Doesn't cost me anything to keep it and I don't need the money so it will only go to an owner that can appreciate it for everything we put in to it or I will leave it to my kids in the will! lol
Old 11-29-2020, 05:04 PM   #9

Name: Luis
Trailer: U-Haul
Pennsylvania
Dawn I agree. I built an off-road teardrop for my Jeep and it’s tuff to let it go when you have bigger better plans. I just picked up uhaul egg for 500. and planing a build along with 84 gmc 4x4 van for this spring and gathering as much info as I can. Thanks FB heads up and I’ll pass the word along.
U-Haul Luis is offline   Reply With Quote