SOLD: 1988 Bigfoot DLX - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2020, 12:15 AM   #1

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
1988 Bigfoot DLX

After much agonizing, I am selling my 1988 17 ft Bigfoot DLX. I am the second owner; my parents were the first.

It is functional and camping ready, but certainly not pristine at almost 32 years old. Many things are original, and some things need attention or replacement. I am disclosing the problems that I am aware of that are not obvious in the pictures see Needs Attention below . The main issue is water damage around windows and the storage cubby under one of the benches in the dining area.

The Bigfoot is licensed in Oregon, but the tag expired in 2016. For 33 dollars, proof of insurance, and some other requirements, you can purchase a Recreational Vehicle Trip Permit from the Department of Motor Vehicles that is valid for 10 days, allowing you to tow it home legally.

The Bigfoot is being sold As Is. It is easy to view; ; but there was no listing for a coast location. cash only, no trades.

• It's a Bigfoot!
  • Clear title in hand.
  • All original manualsincluded.
  • The 4 burner stove andoven are fully functional.
  • Bathroom with shower isfully functional.
  • Optional 28 gallon freshwater tank instead of standard 23 gallon.
  • New deep cycle batteryin 2013. Still strong and always kept fully charged.
  • New tires in 2013,including the spare. The spare has never been used and is protectedby Bigfoot's optional fiberglass and chrome cover. The other 2 tireshave always been covered and have less than 700 miles on them.
  • Two 20 lb. propanebottles protected by fiberglass cover. Bottles are 5 years old, someet latest federal regulations; pigtail connectors replaced 2019.
  • Heavy duty dead bolt onentry door.
  • All window and doorscreens in great shape.
  • Main roof vent hasshroud to keep out rain when open; new vent lid in 2019.
  • Furnace works great.
  • Smaller mirror onbathroom door replaced with full length plate glass mirror.
  • Dark brown carpet addedfor extra warmth. It is not permanently attached and can be easilyremoved for cleaning.
  • Trailer exterior hasbeen recently washed and waxed. Interior walls, cupboards, drawers,etc. have also been scrubbed. The carpet has also been cleaned.
  • Leveling jacks, freshwater hose, sewer hose, and miscellaneous parts included.

• Water heater thermostat,2018.
  • Propane regulator withautomatic change over, 2017.
  • Propane pigtailconnectors, 2019.
  • Electric brakes, 2013.
  • Kitchen and bathfaucets, 2013.
  • Original interior lightbulbs with LEDs, 2016.
  • Wheel bearings repacked,2013.

• The original 2.9cubic foot Dometic refrigerator needs a new cooling unit approx. 550 dollars online. Replaced with a 2.4 cubic foot free standing electricfridge in 2017, which is included.
  • Bathroom roof vent needsre caulking or replacing.
  • Stove vent needs repairor replacing.
  • No awning, but uppermounting rail is intact.
  • The stainless steelstovetop cover has a broken hinge on one side. It still folds up anddown; just needs a bit of assistance.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1988 Bigfoot DLX

Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:16 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
4,000?

Is his price right? Seems real reasonable wish it was closter and I was younger? That is a nice trailer!

good luck

bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev in Oregon View Post
After much agonizing, I am selling my 1988 17 ft Bigfoot DLX. I am the second owner; my parents were the first.

It is functional and camping ready, but certainly not pristine at almost 32 years old. Many things are original, and some things need attention or replacement. I am disclosing the problems that I am aware of that are not obvious in the pictures see Needs Attention below . The main issue is water damage around windows and the storage cubby under one of the benches in the dining area.

The Bigfoot is licensed in Oregon, but the tag expired in 2016. For 33 dollars, proof of insurance, and some other requirements, you can purchase a Recreational Vehicle Trip Permit from the Department of Motor Vehicles that is valid for 10 days, allowing you to tow it home legally.

The Bigfoot is being sold As Is. It is easy to view; ; but there was no listing for a coast location. cash only, no trades.

• It's a Bigfoot!
  • Clear title in hand.
  • All original manualsincluded.
  • The 4 burner stove andoven are fully functional.
  • Bathroom with shower isfully functional.
  • Optional 28 gallon freshwater tank instead of standard 23 gallon.
  • New deep cycle batteryin 2013. Still strong and always kept fully charged.
  • New tires in 2013,including the spare. The spare has never been used and is protectedby Bigfoot's optional fiberglass and chrome cover. The other 2 tireshave always been covered and have less than 700 miles on them.
  • Two 20 lb. propanebottles protected by fiberglass cover. Bottles are 5 years old, someet latest federal regulations; pigtail connectors replaced 2019.
  • Heavy duty dead bolt onentry door.
  • All window and doorscreens in great shape.
  • Main roof vent hasshroud to keep out rain when open; new vent lid in 2019.
  • Furnace works great.
  • Smaller mirror onbathroom door replaced with full length plate glass mirror.
  • Dark brown carpet addedfor extra warmth. It is not permanently attached and can be easilyremoved for cleaning.
  • Trailer exterior hasbeen recently washed and waxed. Interior walls, cupboards, drawers,etc. have also been scrubbed. The carpet has also been cleaned.
  • Leveling jacks, freshwater hose, sewer hose, and miscellaneous parts included.
  • Water heater thermostat,2018.
  • Propane regulator withautomatic change over, 2017.
  • Propane pigtailconnectors, 2019.
  • Electric brakes, 2013.
  • Kitchen and bathfaucets, 2013.
  • Original interior lightbulbs with LEDs, 2016.
  • Wheel bearings repacked,2013.
  • The original 2.9cubic foot Dometic refrigerator needs a new cooling unit approx. 550 dollars online. Replaced with a 2.4 cubic foot free standing electricfridge in 2017, which is included.
  • Bathroom roof vent needsre caulking or replacing.
  • Stove vent needs repairor replacing.
  • No awning, but uppermounting rail is intact.
  • The stainless steelstovetop cover has a broken hinge on one side. It still folds up anddown; just needs a bit of assistance.
View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1988 Bigfoot DLX

k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #3

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Well Bob - you are closer than I am. Google Maps says 40 hours of driving
Yes- she is asking 4K - indicating there is water damage to manage. If I took a week off now my boss would fire me... so tempting though. My husband has a physical disability and that type of wet bath would work well for us.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
nice trailer

well I was a little younger I would be on my way right now. of course I would have to have a larger tug. I bet no more than a grand would get that in top notch shape!

I bet is not around long!!

bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyNorthFL View Post
Well Bob - you are closer than I am. Google Maps says 40 hours of driving
Yes- she is asking 4K - indicating there is water damage to manage. If I took a week off now my boss would fire me... so tempting though. My husband has a physical disability and that type of wet bath would work well for us.
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:05 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I think his price is reasonable considering the work that needs to be done.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote