SOLD: 1995 Scamp16 Layout4 Standard - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2020, 12:17 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp
Missouri
1995 Scamp16 Layout4 Standard

Trailer was purchased from the 2nd owner in 2016. It was always stored indoors until our purchase and it has been kept covered with a Classic Accessories brand cover when not in use. The trailer rear bumper was modified by Scamp when new to include a bike rack.

Summary of maintenance items performed on the trailer:
  1. New tires in 2018, less than 1,000 miles.
  2. Repacked wheel bearings
  3. Adjusted brakes
  4. New in 2016 deep cycle battery. Always stored indoors and on float charger.
  5. Replaced ALL rivets and Snap Caps. Used marine rivets where possible e.g. at all curtain rod brackets . Placed EPDM rubber gaskets underneath all rivet/SnapCap combinations prior to placing rivets to reduce leakage potential.
  6. Replaced all lighting, interior and exterior, with LED's
  7. Removed A/C unit and disassembled to clean it thoroughly. It works extremely well with no problems keeping the trailer cold during Missouri summers. It is also much quieter than a roof mounted RV unit..
  8. Installed new Sureflo fresh water on demand water pump to sink.
  9. Replaced door seal with Scamp upgraded seal
  10. Replaced door hinges with Scamp provided hardware
  11. Replaced door latch mechanism with Scamp provided hardware
  12. Installed new porch light from Scamp
  13. Installed wire shelving in the side closet above A/C unit
  14. Installed a new Dometic 3 way refrigerator to replace the standard Icebox. This is an installation that I am quite proud of. I fabricated a sealed plywood enclosure inside of the existing fiberglass cabinet to ensure no propane combustion products entered the living space. The space is insulated on top per Dometic suggestions and also lined on the top and side with aluminum metal sheet to chanel the heat from the absorption cooling process up and out of the upper vents. Notice the notched lower vent to fit the curvature of the fiberglass hull and also the white cover strip over the vent fasteners. You won't see the same attention to detail in any factory or RV dealer installation.
  15. Installed Carbon Monoxide and Propane leak detector.
  16. Replaced one AC outlet with one containing integrated USB charging ports.
  17. Installed new 20" stabilizer jacks in the rear originals were 16"
  18. Installed anti sway bar hitch ball. Trailer will come with the anti sway bar.
  19. Replaced window curtains home made and curtain bars.
  20. Painted side closet walls white over the fiberglass so that they are visually more consistent with the rest of the trailer while using the closet as the toilet compartment.
  21. Dometic 6 gal. portable toilet is used in the side closet compartment. This is included with the trailer.
  22. Crafted PVC bed rails to keep little ones in the bed when using the front bunks. They slide over the steel pipe upper bunk supports and are optionally used.
  23. Classic Accessories cover is included.
  24. Added 2" receiver tube to the existing Scamp rear bumper/bike rack assembly. This can be used to fit a cargo rack or an additional bike rack.
This is a well cared for and solid trailer that should provide many years of good service. We had an opportunity to purchase the same trailer, different layout, from some friends who relocated to Hawaii. We don t need two! If you are interested in additional info, message me via this site or let me know via email. Trailer is located in a western suburb of St. Louis, MO. I would be willing to meet somewhere within 100 miles to transfer the trailer and do possess a current and clear title. Sale price is 8,500 firm.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1995 Scamp16 Layout4 Standard

Dpschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:40 PM   #2

Name: Doug
Trailer: Currently shopping
Missouri
16’ scamp

I am in Wentzville. Would like to look at your scamp. My name is doug. Can you call me 314-369-4112
Douglase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:04 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp
Missouri
Doug, See you on Saturday!
Dpschu is offline   Reply With Quote