For Sale: 2003 Scamp Layout 6 Standard - Missouri - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2024, 08:44 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp
Missouri
2003 Scamp Layout 6 Standard - Missouri

SOLD

This trailer is our second Scamp 16, acquired in September of 2018 as we wanted to upgrade to the Layout 6 with side dinette and full bath. We are the third owner. During our ownership we have worked to continuously improve the it and make it more comfortable for use. This is a very well sorted, ready to go trailer.

:
  1. Added electric brake breakaway switch
  2. Replaced black water tank gate valve
  3. Installed BAL C support jacks in rear, welded to frame
  4. Installed metal drop down entry step, permanently attached to frame.
  5. Installed 2 receiver tube on rear bumper
  6. Installed white vinyl trim around bottom refrigerator vent frame
  7. Replaced upper refrigerator roof vent and enlarged hull area for better airflow and heat exchange
  8. Replaced entry door hinges sourced from Scamp
  9. Replaced entry door lock/latch mechanism sourced from Scamp
  10. Replaced entry door weatherstrip seal sourced from Scamp
  11. Extended entry door threshold to better seal bottom door edge
  12. Replaced water heater gas valve 7/10/23
  13. Deep cycle battery installed in the Fall of 2020
  14. Tire date codes: 2620, installed: 10/26/21
  15. Reinforced roof top A/C Mount with steel channel to eliminate interior trim mounting screws penetrating the hull potential leak source
  16. Replaced 100 of 115 hull rivets. Old rivets were removed, new rivets placed with butyl window flashing tape between the fiberglass hull and the SnapCap base. Waterproof closed end marine rivets were used at all curtain rod hanger points. On the interior side of the rivet stainless steel castle nuts were used. This rivet replacement process was accomplished by 1 person on the exterior and a second person inside positioning the Castle nut. All SnapCaps were replaced with new, none reused.
  17. Wheel bearing maintenance performed annually
  18. Dual propane tank tray assembly is included but not installed. Removed it to use single tank as 1 tank would last more than one camping season.
:
  1. Replaced all 12v bulbs with LED lights except 1 reading light
  2. Installed shelf in pantry
  3. Installed shelf/bin above pantry
  4. Built shelf tray above refrigerator to match the refrigerator mounting trim
  5. Replaced knobs on closet doors near the entry door with smooth tapered handles so they would not snag clothing when entering/exiting the trailer.
  6. Installed full length mirror on bathroom door
  7. Installed magnetic door stop on bathroom door to hold it open when needed
  8. Built new silverware drawer to replace the original
  9. Installed strap to ensure refrigerator door remains closed during travel
  10. Replaced spring hinges on freezer door in refrigerator
  11. Installed liquid soap pump dispenser at kitchen sink
  12. Installed dimmable 12v kick panel LED lighting with 2 remotes
  13. Installed switched 12v LED lighting in each closet cabinet 2
  14. Installed 110v outlet with 2 integrated USB type A charging ports beneath side dinette
  15. Installed 3 way water valve in fresh water supply to enable quick winterizing.
  16. Replaced original 110v/12v power center with Progressive Dynamics model PD4135KW
  17. Installed carbon monoxide alarm
  18. Installed luxury vinyl flooring on main cabin floor, carpeting remains beneath rear dinette

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 2003 Scamp Layout 6 Standard - Missouri

Dpschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 08:48 AM   #2

Missouri
I have many photos, working to update this listing. If interested, PM me and I will provide a link to a photo album in the interim.
Old 05-27-2024, 05:57 AM   #3

Name: Teresa
AR
What is the weight? I apologize if I missed it in the ad.
teresajh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 07:30 AM   #4

Missouri
I have the original owners manual that came with the trailer. It specifies 16 foot model dry weight as 1,550 pounds. I've never weighed this unit at a CAT scale but would suggest you use 2,000 lbs as the weight after you have loaded it with personal items. I have always towed with the water, grey, and black tanks empty as recommended.