For Sale: 2006 Toyota Tacoma - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2019, 10:45 PM   #1

Name: Karen
Trailer: Casita
New Mexico
2006 Toyota Tacoma

PreRunner, TRD SR5, Access Cab, 4L V6. 144,300 miles. Third owner at 56 ,300 miles. About half of the miles I've put on it are highway miles.

Off road package with locking rear differential. Tow package plus electric brake controller plus back up camera. Helwig helper springs. Sliding rear window. Multi disc CD player. Bed liner. Front window deflectors.

PLUS Raider fiberglass truck topper. 21" to 29" high. Removable/sliding front window. Sliding side windows with heavy duty wire dog screens. Dome light. Bed platform over wheel wells. Twin full length utility slide outs.

This is the tow vehicle for the 2002 Casita FD listed in the trailers for sale section.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 2006 Toyota Tacoma

Karen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen G View Post
PreRunner, TRD SR5, Access Cab, 4L V6. 141,300 miles. Third owner at 56 ,300 miles. About half of the miles I've put on it are highway miles. ...

hah, sometimes I still miss my Tacoma.

I had a 2008 Tacoma TRD OffRoad 4x4, with a 6-speed stick. 6' bed, 'access cab' (half rear seat). we towed our Casita all OVER the place with that, and with a fresh set of BFG All Terrain KO2 tires in the stock size, was an awesome offroader, it did 4x4/jeep roads just great, although I did stay out of the deep mud (that needs MT tires, not AT tires)

We bought that truck in 2016 with 16,000 miles, was like new, except a couple scratches and nicks and 8 year old factory tires. I immediately replaced all 4+spare with fresh KO2's, found the best toyota truck mechanic in town, and had them replace *all* fluids (transfer case, both diffs, gearbox, coolant, power steering, brake), and do a 8-year service, totally inspect, everything was like new. cool.

We bought a Casita, and started taking it on trips, the stock TRD OffRoad soft tall suspension was 'pitchy', so I put better shocks (Bilstein 4600) and airbags (firestone ride-rite) on it, which made it hugely better when loaded.

We put 20,000 more miles on it in a couple years, it rocked. 2008 was the last year for the pushbutton rear axle locker, next year they had automatic traction juju. sticks are pretty rare in a V6 Tacoma. The times I got to 4x4 in it, it was an awesome rig, amazingly surefooted and stable.

We sold it with 36000 miles for $18k, that's top dollar but like-new vehicle that needed nothing deserves it.... I touched up the dents, even sanded out a few spots of surface rust, and used some plastic filler on the corner of the front bumper I'd scraped, and touchup finished it so you couldn't tell it had been scraped.

but it wasn't quite enough to haul a full load astro+camping gear and the Escape 21, so I ended up with our 2002 F250 4x4 XLT extended cab longbed 7.3 diesel, which I also put KO2's on... I expect this will be the last truck I own, and if they bury me in it when I die, I'd be cool with that.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:59 PM   #3

Name: tony
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
British Columbia
Pacific Northwest

Hi there. If you were planning a trip up this way I would consider buying your truck. New Mexico is too far away for Me. Let me know. Email is best stojantninkovic@gmail.com
ninklink is offline   Reply With Quote