SOLD: 2020 Happier Camper HC1 Starter Package with Upgrades - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2021, 12:41 PM   #1

Name: Cari
Trailer: Happier Camper
TX
2020 Happier Camper HC1 Starter Package with Upgrades

This trailer is like getting a new, loaded Happier Camper at a discount and without the 6 month wait. This trailer was ordered new with many upgrades and delivered March of 2020. It was intended to be a vending trailer, but the pandemic meant the business never got off of the ground so it was never used as such and has been stored since. This unit is the Starter Package and was upgraded from there. This unit is fully climate controlled so you are ready for 4 season adventure. Additionally, the upgraded fold up windows on either side, coupled with the rear hatch and fold up front and rear windows, give you an incredible open air camping experience and really allow you to customize how you would like to set up your camp relative to indoor and outdoor living space. The detachable exterior bars also make for great versatility relative to indoor/outdoor space.

Information below gives specs, upgrades, and retail costs. To order a trailer spec d out this way new from HC would cost 42,345. My loss is your gain.

• 4 Adaptiv modular cubes
  • 4 Molded base form fitting cushions
  • 1 Set of surrounding cushions
  • 2 Standard folding cushions
  • 2 Nesting table top packages
  • 1 Adaptiv night stand kit
  • 1 Patio base
  • 4 Floor panels
  • 2 Floor panels with table leg holes

• Side Door and rear hatch half color gel coat to match body
  • Front gravel guard snap on window cover
  • 2 patio bases to use tables outside camper
  • 2 suspension awnings one on each side
  • 2 gooseneck reading lights
  • 1 additional recessed light
  • Air conditioning and Maxxair fan
  • Forced air propane heat
  • Solar package panels, charger amp; battery
  • Large roadside fold up concession window
  • Small curbside fold up concession window
  • Full size fiberglass exterior bar with carrying case
  • Half size fiberglass exterior bar with carrying case

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 2020 Happier Camper HC1 Starter Package with Upgrades

cariray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:28 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: In Search Of
Ukiah
Did you sell your camper?
jwkuhry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:00 PM   #3

Name: Brooke
Trailer: In the market
AL
This thing is really $39,500??
SeekingSamadhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:13 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
in RVs, 4-season implies serious insulation on all sides, top, and bottom, all double pane windows, double panel insulated doors, etc, also insulated and heated water, waste, propane tanks, and plumbing.. Of the popular fiberglass trailers, really, only the Oliver is a true 4-season. My Escape has extra insulation on the walls and undersides, and double pane glass, but is still only a 3-season, I would not try and camp in deep winter with it.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
listing price

If you click on the link, you can view listing price: $35,900.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:58 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
in RVs, 4-season implies serious insulation on all sides, top, and bottom, all double pane windows, double panel insulated doors, etc, also insulated and heated water, waste, propane tanks, and plumbing.. Of the popular fiberglass trailers, really, only the Oliver is a true 4-season. My Escape has extra insulation on the walls and undersides, and double pane glass, but is still only a 3-season, I would not try and camp in deep winter with it.
The seller is in Texas and the HC1 can easily camp comfortably in 4 seasons anywhere in much of lower US and as there are no built in water systems that will be effected and the hc1 is double hull construction with insulation you can easily keep comfortable with the Truma heating system in fairly cold weather and with the option for the vipec spray on cork under floor insulation even more so.Would I recommend the HC1 for the Canadian tundra or North Dakota record breaking temps probably no but yes you can sleep pretty comfortable in most milder climates and conditions.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:04 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
If you click on the link, you can view listing price: $35,900.
You could save money by buying a 30-50 year old boler or scamp some now selling for close to $20.000 with almost none of the features available on a brand new HC1
Old 04-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
The seller is in Texas and the HC1 can easily camp comfortably in 4 seasons anywhere in much of lower US and as there are no built in water systems that will be effected and the hc1 is double hull construction with insulation you can easily keep comfortable with the Truma heating system in fairly cold weather and with the option for the vipec spray on cork under floor insulation even more so.Would I recommend the HC1 for the Canadian tundra or North Dakota record breaking temps probably no but yes you can sleep pretty comfortable in most milder climates and conditions.
yeah, I live on the California coast, we simply do not HAVE winter here, just spring and fall. wet season and dry season. saying 4 season, then qualifying that as subtropical winter conditions is kind of bogus. as far as lower US, you don't have to go very far north to get into sub zero F winter conditions, northern New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, all the way across to the interior of the Mid Atlantic states, lots of snow, lots of deep freezing.

I surely don't get who the HC is aimed at. No kitchen (I know, optional ministove cube), no toilet or shower, no fridge (I know, optional mini-icebox cube). I guess that is fine if you eat out every day or do your cooking outdoors with camp stoves and camp faucet cleanup, and always stay at campgrounds with bathhouses.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:21 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I don't get it either. I don't want to cart my kitchen outside and back inside if it's going to rain, which it almost always does in BC.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #10
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
We have lived and camped in snow for extended periods in both our HC1 and our HCT. Most of the time we did not use a heat source because these trailers are pretty well insulated. We prefer sleeping when it's cooler. We have also used a small electric heater and end up turning it off because it quickly gets way too hot in the small space, especially when trying to sleep.

To have the openness and freedom to rearrange to suit the occasion are premium features not found in any other trailer in the industry.

Quote:
John in Santa Cruz
"I surely don't get who the HC is aimed at. No kitchen (I know, optional ministove cube), no toilet or shower, no fridge (I know, optional mini-icebox cube). I guess that is fine if you eat out every day or do your cooking outdoors with camp stoves and camp faucet cleanup, and always stay at campgrounds with bathhouses."
It's all about your mindset John. You want your house replecated on wheels, others want a new experience, a new way, a change to the old, options, openness, being outside and enjoying more of the outside camping, an enclosed sleeping area (works great for the napping child!), bringing the cooking smells outside, using their trailer as an office when not camping, not always having to hunt down a dump, waiting in line to dump, carrying poop, or cleaning out poop, etc, etc, etc. There are LOTS of reasons for alternatives and a large audience for the HC because of these options.
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
yeah, I live on the California coast, we simply do not HAVE winter here, just spring and fall. wet season and dry season. saying 4 season, then qualifying that as subtropical winter conditions is kind of bogus. as far as lower US, you don't have to go very far north to get into sub zero F winter conditions, northern New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, all the way across to the interior of the Mid Atlantic states, lots of snow, lots of deep freezing.

I surely don't get who the HC is aimed at. No kitchen (I know, optional ministove cube), no toilet or shower, no fridge (I know, optional mini-icebox cube). I guess that is fine if you eat out every day or do your cooking outdoors with camp stoves and camp faucet cleanup, and always stay at campgrounds with bathhouses.
you are correct John ,the HC1 is not intended for your A typical type camper but for those that choose comfort over convenience as the HC1 can have the largest most comfortable bed setup than any other trailer in its size and really what do you do the most in your trailer, it also has the best views than any other trailer with the rear hatch and the least claustrophobic feel for any trailer it’s size.and to set the record on misinformation stated it has a full kitchen that can be left intact forever without the need to take it out but also has the option to do it for those that wish to have more room in the trailer when they need it.The HC1 is also the most boondock friendly trailer on the market with complete solar setup and aux ports for more solar and the first trailer with DC air conditioning so no campgrounds necessary.As to the neich market for the HC1 many here predicted the HC1 would maybe sell 25 trailers a year at best but try telling that to the over 500 owners who have purchased one in the first 4 years of operation. Once again you guys keep comparing the HC1 to your 17ft trailers which is kind of flattering but not realistic but would maybe be better to compare to the 17 ft HCT which does have all the amenities you have in you trailer.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:01 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I don't get it either. I don't want to cart my kitchen outside and back inside if it's going to rain, which it almost always does in BC.
Thanks again Glen I know I can always count on you to chime in ,yes it would not always be the best idea to take your kitchen out in the rain but some owners are actually smart enough to put out there awnings when raining and not to take it out when to windy to put out the awning .It is kinda amazing how smart the average HC1 owner is .
Old 04-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Once again you guys keep comparing the HC1 to your 17ft trailers which is kind of flattering but not realistic but would maybe be better to compare to the 17 ft HCT which does have all the amenities you have in you trailer.

I'm curious why you still don't have one, or does your profile need updating?
Old 04-18-2021, 01:51 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I'm curious why you still don't have one, or does your profile need updating?
Yes I have three HC1s here in the Amherstburg Canada showroom which I use quite often except for COVID lockdowns like we are experiencing right now I still have my trillium 4500 but no longer own the burro but I also have Captain and a 17 ft boler . All the fg trailers I have or have owned are or were great trailers but none come close to the comfort and versatility of the HC1 and if I was in the market and could afford it I know which one I would choose and that is from the experience of using all of them not from being associated with Happier Campwr
Old 04-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #15

Name: Jody
Trailer: In the market
I suppose it's moot, this is sold, but I have to say that the Happy Campers are the MOST appealing to me and I would love to go down that path if I could afford it. There's the rub... the cost. I don't have the budget for a camper to justify that when I could get an older model of some other type for less. If I had my ideal (17' Burro Wide Body) then I'd be looking for ways to add the same type of windows, improve heating and improve general boondock capabilities like a Happy Camper.
eternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:16 PM   #16

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Of course, price is part of it. At the same time, I'm glad they don't make the same old thing. Bring something different and there will be people that want it.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:33 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternus View Post
I suppose it's moot, this is sold, but I have to say that the Happy Campers are the MOST appealing to me and I would love to go down that path if I could afford it. There's the rub... the cost. I don't have the budget for a camper to justify that when I could get an older model of some other type for less. If I had my ideal (17' Burro Wide Body) then I'd be looking for ways to add the same type of windows, improve heating and improve general boondock capabilities like a Happy Camper.
Yes I was actually surprised the add was still up as most HC1s that come up for sale are sold extremely fast and sometimes for more than were originally sold for. Yes the HC1can cost more than some and compare to others but when you see some restored 40-50 year old trailers selling for over $20grand it’s really not out of line.especially with some of the newest features.offered.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #18

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
You could save money by buying a 30-50 year old boler or scamp some now selling for close to $20.000 with almost none of the features available on a brand new HC1
Since the price of the HC1 is in US dollars, are you saying 30 to 50 year old Scamps and Bolers are selling for close to $20,000 US? While prices are up, I’m not seeing that. I have seen a couple of recent high asking prices, but not that high. The most recent Scamp posted for sale here is six years old, 16 footer, for $12,000. Now that seems way under market to me. Now there also is a 40+ year old some other brand at an unusually high price right now.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:10 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Since the price of the HC1 is in US dollars, are you saying 30 to 50 year old Scamps and Bolers are selling for close to $20,000 US? While prices are up, I’m not seeing that. I have seen a couple of recent high asking prices, but not that high.
Yes I am going to be selling a fully restored 17 boler myself in that price range and have seen some 13 ft ers selling close to that just check out fg trailers for sale ,of course many of these are fully restored and professionally restored ,nomads and wanderlust restored trailers can exceed $25.000 . Buying a 40-50 year old fg trailer and upgrading to like new condition can be very labor intensive and with the price of parts and supplies can add up in a hurry ,waiting right now for a new grey tank on the boler that will cost me $500 alone with shipping .
Old 05-08-2021, 08:17 PM   #20

Name: Susan
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Michigan
With absolutely no kitchen equipment, or water, toilet, etc, this is basically a 35K tent instead of a camper. I am so disappointed.
kontiki is offline   Reply With Quote