For Sale: Casita Spare Tire Carrier from Orbital Machine Works - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2012 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Washington
Casita Spare Tire Carrier from Orbital Machine Works

Second generation version with reinforced welds Go to Orbital Machine Works Web Site. or rThe Perfect Casita 160 new plus tax and shipping. 150 here

Here is their write up:

The Casita Spare Tire Carrier is a solution for owners who want to carry their spare tire on the back of the Casita, who either do not have the factory holder installed or want to replace it. The carrier holds the tire with a classic look from the rear, while keeping the load as close to the trailer as possible. A unique feature to this carrier is the additional receiver, allowing owners to carry an additional bicycle rack or cargo carrier behind the spare tire.

Fits tires on factory Casita wheels up to 225/75/R15.

The spare tire carrier is designed to work with a Casita Hitch Receiver installed in the stock location sticking out 3" behind the 'bumper' . It is possible to use with other 2" receivers

Important note: If your Casita has the factory mounted spare tire holder, you must cut the factory piece of AllThread tube to allow clearance for the carrier.

This carrier is not designed to tow additional trailers behind your Casita.

If you need to lock your spare tire in place, some folks have used a hitch lock amp; a spare tire lock.

No shipping and Pick up along the I 5 Corridor in the Greater Seattle Area Cash deal please. Retired so available to meet up anytime.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Casita Spare Tire Carrier from Orbital Machine Works

Bjh317brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #2

Washington
test
Old 05-26-2020, 08:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Personally, I would steer well clear of OMW, (aka Perfect Casita,) because they haven't been fulfilling customer orders for over a year now. Apparently they are too busy making other more lucrative high-tech stuff and can't be bothered with trailer products anymore. The trailer things that they were making, (and I will say they were nice - I have several of them myself,) but for about the last year or so now, I know of many people who have placed orders with them and had not received their stuff. Shame, but it is what it is. A total disappointment to anyone trying to get something from them. The Webmaster on one of the Casita forums actually deleted OMW from his on-site list of "Providers" on his supplier reference page, not only because of their inability to get the products out the door, but also for their total uncaring attitude about any of their customer's concerns as well. Caveat Emptor!

(No reflection on Claire, the nice lady who fields the phone calls, but it's the company itself that is behind the 8 Ball.)
Casita Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #4

Washington
Craig as much as I appreciate your comments, this Tire Carrier if fine. Your opening line of "Personally, I would steer Clear of OMW" has nothing to do with this item for sale & does not help me in trying to sell this product to someone looking for a Tire carrier. Enough said.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjh317brian View Post
Craig as much as I appreciate your comments, this Tire Carrier if fine. Your opening line of "Personally, I would steer Clear of OMW" has nothing to do with this item for sale & does not help me in trying to sell this product to someone looking for a Tire carrier. Enough said.
Not knocking the hitch tire carrier you're selling. It is fine. I was merely offering a heads-up comment to anyone seeing that hitch attachment, and thinking that they can just as easily order one from OMW. It was not directed towards your sales offer of the tire carrier you want to sell. FWIW, your hitch should be in demand, and if someone is looking for one of these, then I'd say snap this offer up, since OMW isn't kicking them out the door anymore. (And BTW, it's Greg, not Craig.)
Casita Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:49 PM   #6

Name: Gary
Trailer: Shopping For A Casita
Ooltewah
Spare Tire Carrier

Hello, I would be interested in buying your spare tire carrier. I'm new to forum and not sure how to contact you.
G Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #7

Washington
Hello

brian here
you can email me direct if interested
brianhempstead@msn.com
Old 08-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #8

Name: Gary