Wanted: CORONABRIDE searches for new ride - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #1

Name: Hayley
Trailer: BOLER (SEARCHING)
California
CORONABRIDE searches for new ride

Hey there all you social distancers!

Due to the virus outbreak my wedding will likely be canceled.

Instead of a traditional wedding, my fianc and myself would love to find our dream camper.

Searching for a Boler with a clean title in the CA, or WA area.

Thank you

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - CORONABRIDE searches for new ride
Hayleythehipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:55 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
That could be a good financial move. Money spent on a wedding party is gone once it's over, but money spent on a FG trailer is an investment that holds much of its value. So, still get married (a quiet affair) and best of luck finding your dream camper!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:36 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayleythehipster View Post
Hey there all you social distancers!

Due to the virus outbreak my wedding will likely be canceled.

Instead of a traditional wedding, my fianc and myself would love to find our dream camper.

Searching for a Boler with a clean title in the CA, or WA area.

Thank you

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - CORONABRIDE searches for new ride
Instead of cancelling your wedding, postpone it by buying a camper, going to a rally for FG RV's and get married with new friends around. You can have your wedding and honeymoon all in one.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #4

California
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Instead of cancelling your wedding, postpone it by buying a camper, going to a rally for FG RV's and get married with new friends around. You can have your wedding and honeymoon all in one.
This is an excellent idea! Just got to find the new ride 🐾
Thank you for the kind response
Old 03-28-2020, 04:40 PM   #5

California
That’s absolutely what I’m hoping happens! Fingers crossed
Old 03-28-2020, 05:31 PM   #6

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
If the future holds what I think it does, you will be able to pick up your choice of used campers at a very steep discount in about 9-14 months. But then you might not be in the market at that time. I hope I am wrong. We will see.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:58 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
If the future holds what I think it does, you will be able to pick up your choice of used campers at a very steep discount in about 9-14 months. But then you might not be in the market at that time. I hope I am wrong. We will see.
I’m hopeful that you’re correct. I’ll keep my eye on the prize. What websites would you suggest to keep my eyes on? Any helpful tips?
Old 03-28-2020, 06:15 PM   #8

North Carolina
If you are asking what sites to track the coming economic downturn, I have no specific suggestions.

If you are asking about sites to find a fiberglass camper:

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/
https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.com/
Craigs List (use extra caution)
https://www.rvtrader.com/
Old 03-28-2020, 06:18 PM   #9

California
Quote:
If you are asking what sites to track the coming economic downturn, I have no specific suggestions.

If you are asking about sites to find a fiberglass camper:

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/
https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.com/
Craigs List (use extra caution)
https://www.rvtrader.com/
I appreciate you saying that about craigslist because I don’t want to be catfished (RV-fished lol)
I appreciate it a lot, and you seem like a wise advisor! I’ll keep checking
Old 03-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #10

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
FB marketplace and C/L can be a good source. Don't want to get scammed? Well, don't expect to get something for nothing. People that respond to $2000 Airstream Bambi ads are suckers waiting to get fleeced. And they do. Successful con artists typically work angles based on victim's greed.

There are nation wide C/L search engines. I found my Trillium in Lansing, MI (not exactly local), via a C/L search. It never showed up on fiberglass RV 4 sale site nor here either (or anywhere else). Right now, I am finding deals on FB marketplace. More sellers than buyers.

Personally, I think the BEST deals will be RIGHT NOW, or in the next month. People are going to want to get $$$ to make it through this situation. Of course, a road trip to Lansing, MI would be out. Imagine you just got laid off and you have a $6,000 molded FG trailer sitting unused for the last few years. The cash has a lot more utility than a camper you are not using! A buyer looking for a DEAL could be a godsend to such a seller. So don't feel bad if you got a deal.

Right now, we are looking for a new car for my wife. Car deals for what we wanted pre-Corona were scarce! All of a sudden, dealers are dealing! They would certainly rather give a customer a deal, than pay another month's interest on their inventory.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:12 AM   #11

Name: Rick
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Also,Rent the movie "The Long Long Trailer" For Honeymoon trip tips.
Rick In Mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:01 AM   #12

Name: Lauren
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
Colorado
Quote:
Maybe I was reading too much into this, but I thought the implication was that there might be a whole lot of couples expecting an addition to their family in the next 9+ months that would need to upgrade to a larger camper...lol.

Good luck with your wedding and your search! :-)
Lauren in Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:19 AM   #13

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren in Colorado View Post
Maybe I was reading too much into this, but I thought the implication was that there might be a whole lot of couples expecting an addition to their family in the next 9+ months that would need to upgrade to a larger camper...lol.
No, the implication was that we are likely in for a large and long term (~18 months) downturn in the economy. Perhaps Bill is right and people will sell luxury items like campers in the short term, but I suspect that the true impact will not be felt for some months yet. It will take time for the ripple effects to snowball. The Government payouts will end, or they will continue and damage the economy even more in the long term. People will not grasp the severity until they live with it for a while.

The good news is that if we are effective in the virus battle then the economic effects will be lessened (but still major). If we are not, or if another disaster follows close on the heels, then things could be even worse.

Still, if I were five years or more from retirement, I would be investing if I could. I might even sell my camper and put that money into the stock market.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #14

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
CORONABRIDE searches for new ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren in Colorado View Post

Good luck with your wedding and your search! :-)
That got a chuckle!

I’ve already heard talk of the “quaranteens” of 2033-34.

After spending two weeks confined at home with two teenagers, and likely several more to come (weeks, not teenagers...), I think the real “quaranteens” may be the current generation of youth. This is a transformative experience at a formative age. They’re finding out the world is not the safe place their helicopter parents tried to provide.

As a “coronabride,” I’m sure you’ll have a different perspective as you raise your children.

Congratulations and best wishes!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #15

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
The long long Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Mn View Post
It is on TV several times per year, a great movie, and if you can find the book, it is even better. Sad that the author, Clinton Twiss passed away before the movie came out.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #16

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Mn View Post
Excellent recommendation, also "RV" starring Robin Williams" would be another one to watch.

Quote:
.... It will take time for the ripple effects to snowball. The Government payouts will end, or they will continue and damage the economy even more in the long term. People will not grasp the severity until they live with it for a while....
The ripple effect will be long lasting and enormous, and it will take a long time to get even close to back to where we were. It will be a buyer's market for many luxury items such as RVs for a long time. There may be great deals for those with cash,, and as Thrifty Bill said: "A buyer looking for a DEAL could be a godsend to such a seller. So don't feel bad if you got a deal." But those sellers will have less resources in the future, further depressing the market and economy.

There will be great deals for those with cash to spend because, as Thrifty Bill also indicated: retailers have to move inventory. Cash flow is the life-blood of every business, without it they die.

Everyone who has to check their wallet before spending money will be affected. I sell a luxury item (a very expensive bespoke pasta maker) on ebay and through other outlets, and sales are definitely down. Fortunately my lifestyle isn't dependent on selling them.

For those out of work the wages lost will never be recovered -- no one gets two haircuts to make up for one skipped. Not a cheery thought.

--Harold
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #17

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayleythehipster View Post
I appreciate you saying that about craigslist because I don’t want to be catfished (RV-fished lol)
I appreciate it a lot, and you seem like a wise advisor! I’ll keep checking
one cat fishing check is to copy the text in the first few sentences including the make and model if possible. put that text inside of quotation marks and do a web search with it. The fishers tend to just cut and paste the same text over and over again in ads in various places of the country on craigslist.

If you ever see a photo with a phone number or email written on the image that for sure is a fisher.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #18

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
there will be some extra travel trailers this spring. Those can come from people who were planning "one last big trip" in their trailers before selling it but now realize it is not likely to be happening this spring and summer. Or people who are out of work and need a quick cash flow.

However there might also be more competition with people who are out of work and need shelter from the storm. They might take part of their savings and use it to buy a small trailer instead of staying in sticks and bricks running up much higher rent bills. Going to driveway live/work camp at an older relatives place or at a relative who has some acreage.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:25 PM   #19

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
This economic problem, not including the Pandemic, is different than the Great Recession and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Not based on a bubble that collapsed, with so many in too much debt, but on a shutdown.

Things, in theory, could get back on track fairly quickly once the shutdown is over.

A friend of mine has an RV dealership and reported that they had their best months ever after the collapse, but that is also when Oliver shut down to wait it out.

Meanwhile, the economic pressure on folks still working, that are in debt and now laid off, will probably lead to getting rid of non-essential items, including travel trailers, at least in the short term.

When things get really hard, people start getting rid of their pets. That is really sad and unimaginable to me.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #20

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
This economic problem, not including the Pandemic, is different than the Great Recession and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Not based on a bubble that collapsed, with so many in too much debt, but on a shutdown.

Things, in theory, could get back on track fairly quickly once the shutdown is over.
I'm not an economist but I play one on the internet

IMHO it all depends on how long it takes to get the virus under control. If it continues on the present track till fall, (or if a Covid-20 occurs at the same time, WWIII breaks out, etc.), then the economic results might be worse than you can possible imagine. But if the spread is limited and a vaccine is found before next winter, then in a very few years you will hardly remember the recession of 2020.

I'm a gambler and play the odds as I see them... I am literally betting on the later outcome.