Wanted: Gutted or beat up 13' or 16' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > NEW Fiberglass RV Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Trade
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Shopping
Tennessee
Gutted or beat up 13' or 16'

Looking for a camper to gut or a gutted camper that is in decent shape. I plan on building a custom rig. Currently in Tennessee and happy to drive for the right setup.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Gutted or beat up 13' or 16'
Steveo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
Gutted or beat up 13' or 16'[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo53 View Post
Looking for a camper to gut or a gutted camper that is in decent shape. I plan on building a custom rig. Currently in Tennessee and happy to drive for the right setup.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Gutted or beat up 13' or 16'

I have a Casita 13/16 ft in process of restoration. At my age I am beginning to suspect it may never be completed.
Will explain it further if your interested.
rdwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Shopping
Tennessee
I would love some pictures. I am very much intersted.
Steveo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
Good grief, Steve -- It used to be so easy to reply and include a photo !!
The only photo I currently have is one I took when I bought it. I would email it to you if you send me your email address, to mine (which is bob@b-bengineering.com).
I can get more shots - however snow is nearly here in Minnesota, so it is covered up. Internal photos will show some of the restoration I have done. It is a 1981/2 model with front bath. The original owner had stripped it, and thought of using it for his hunting cabin. The interior was soaked from UNKNOWN leaks, and I found they came from the over head escape hatch. All the wood was soaked and had no strength. I decided to replace the floor completely, and all of the wood with plywood or better. The electrical and propane and water lines had been cut! I purchased all new appliances and began restoration, starting by upgrading the running lights with LED fixtures, and the power cable to a 7-pin cable. I saved the plastic furniture covers, to reinstall them with new wood structure. A temporary roof brace was installed to hold it from water or snow loads, then new wall - roof support braces were installed to hold it normally. I had contemplated removing the bunk beds, and making that the kitchen table area, leaving a better sleeping area in the back area.
All in all an interesting project -- but I don't have the time or energy any more to get back to working on it, and my wife thinks she would prefer if moved elsewhere.
rdwatson is offline   Reply With Quote