How To Use Classifieds - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
How To Use Classifieds

We recently updated our classifieds system. The new classifieds page can be found here: https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.com/

Here's some basic info about using classifieds:

Posting For Sale and Wanted ads:
  • Any FGRV member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
  • Ads are posted via the new page but not by using forum threads. Folks can post responses on those ads and use the messaging features on the classifieds page to ask a seller questions.
  • When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in this forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. There is no "new thread" button in this classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button at the top right of the page and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'

Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.
Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and add photos or additional text. Once your item has been sold please mark the ad "SOLD" and the ad will disappear after a few days.
Problem ads
There is a report function (look for the triangle icon) on each ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take any needed action.
Ad posting rules:
All ads need to meet the basic guidelines for this site.
Please review these if you are unsure about whether your ad is appropriate.

Posting ad referrals
Referral ads are ads found on craiglist and in local papers and listings. If you wish to post these as a courtesy to others, please post them in the referral forum as usual using a thread. Do not post then on on the new classifieds page.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:08 PM   #2

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Parkliner 2018
Manitoba
How can I find information in the Marketplace forum on the location of trailers for sale?
I am.only interested in ones for sale in Canada.
Before there were abbreviations ie BC with the post so it was easy to scroll through and see what was in Canada.
Thanks for your help,
Lynn ( bozlouie)
bozlouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:37 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Lynn, you have to click through to the ad itself. There is a city or town which you may or may not recognize. If not, there is a map you can zoom out to see the region.

Better, if you navigate to the main listings page, there is a map view that lets you locate the ones in your region. Clicking a pin pulls up the ad.

Unfortunately, it only displays one page at a time, starting with the most recent. So you have to go page by page.

Any way you approach it, it’s cumbersome. Wish it weren’t so. In my opinion, the new classified website is almost not worth the trouble. If I were a seller I’d list elsewhere and post a link in the referrals. As a buyer... well... ya do whatcha gotta do...

Best wishes in your search for a molded trailer!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Administrator

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozlouie View Post
How can I find information in the Marketplace forum on the location of trailers for sale?
I am.only interested in ones for sale in Canada.
Before there were abbreviations ie BC with the post so it was easy to scroll through and see what was in Canada.
Thanks for your help,
Lynn ( bozlouie)

Lynn - just click on the map and zoom in a bit. You will see pins for sale locations of various items and trailers. You can drag the map around to find your region.

Clicking on the pins will show you the ad thumbnail and you can click into the ad directly from that view

Click image for larger version

Name:	fgrv pins.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	129842

Click image for larger version

Name:	fgrv_map_2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	129843
Old 09-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #5

Name: Kathie
Trailer: Scamp 16 Layout 6
United States
Hi. I am trying to post a new ad. The pull down features of the fill in Ad form do not have anything populated in the "select ..." and typing into the information boxes does not stay.

I didn't see anything in the directions that I did wrong... please advise. Thanks!
Teal
Tealk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:07 AM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
New Marketplace

Thanks for your efforts on the new classifieds, the first add I got however is for a stick built camper, not a moulded fiberglass unit, are we changing our format?
Tom Y
Tom Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
How to edit

Janet, can you instruct me on how to edit an ad. I forgot one important feature on my listing.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:54 PM   #8
Administrator

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Nancy View Post
Janet, can you instruct me on how to edit an ad. I forgot one important feature on my listing.
yes - there are a couple of ways. Go to the ad page: https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...ot-25b25rq-984

make sure you are logged in (you'll see your username in the upper right corner).

Edit option 1: Click on the drop down under your username to find the edit options for your ad. If you are logged in here's a direct link https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.com/account/my-posts

Edit option 2: Scroll down to the bottom of the ad and look for the pencil icon
Old 05-05-2020, 02:28 PM   #9

Name: David
Trailer: westy
Ontario
Looking for Casita or Escape

We have been looking for a 17’ Casita or Escape trailer for over a year but with little luck. We are in the Niagara area and would appreciate it if anyone can help me locate one of these trailers to purchase.
dkropac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #10

Name: steve
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Toyota Tacoma 4x4 set up for towing

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 4 Door Sport with tow package includes brake controller, commercial canopy with side doors and Michelin tires with low miles. Pulled a Casita with this truck with the 4.0 V6 and was excellent $13,500 or best offer
Attached Thumbnails
D4B23098-3241-4A19-A821-11850982BA11.jpg   E9C19B9B-A86E-49D3-A583-6190769EF81A.jpg  

aboutenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #11

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
... $13.500 or best offer
I'll take it! Unless the period was supposed to be a comma, in which case I will pass.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #12

Name: steve
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
I'll take it! Unless the period was supposed to be a comma, in which case I will pass.
Thanks for the catch, $13.500 would have been a great deal
aboutenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #13

Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot
Ontario
Hi, I posted an ad but don't see the link in a thread on the forum page. Also didn't get the two factor authentication text.
David F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:56 PM   #14

Name: Esther
Massachusetts
Looking for Casita Spirit Deluxe - out east

Hello,

I am new to this website and looking for a pre-owned Casita Spirit Deluxe, 17'. I realize this is the wrong time of year but I thought I'd at least try. It seems there are more available out west and very few, if any, in the east. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to find this camper.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:28 AM   #15

Arizona
Registry
How To Use Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther out east View Post
Hello,
I am new to this website and looking for a pre-owned Casita Spirit Deluxe, 17'. I realize this is the wrong time of year but I thought I'd at least try. It seems there are more available out west and very few, if any, in the east. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to find this camper.
Go to the classified page and scan the listings. I wouldn’t go back more than a couple of months, because they’re probably sold. If you see a likely candidate, use the message feature to contact the seller and exchange contact information. New members cannot include hyperlinks, so you will need to disguise email addresses or phone numbers by spelling out part.

You can also use www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com (which collects and reposts ads from Craigslist, Kijii, and eBay as well as direct listings). It does a good job of filtering scams, but there’s a delay before they get posted, during which a sale may already be in progress.

Most direct way is to use SearchTempest.com to scour Craigslist within a specified radius. But be careful- scams abound. Knowing the reasonable market price range helps, because most scam ads list a price far below market.

Best wishes in your search!

PS- Did you see the Casita 17D just listed in PA?
Old 08-09-2020, 05:54 PM   #16

Massachusetts
Thank you Jon in AZ. Very helpful info. I checked out the new post from PA.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:19 AM   #17

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther out east View Post
Thank you Jon in AZ. Very helpful info. I checked out the new post from PA.
Make sure you click the link in the post that takes you through to the actual ad on the classified page. It has complete information and better photos.

The forum thread is just a preview with thumbnails.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:27 PM   #18

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I'm logged in; I'm logged in at the classifieds site, but it just keeps telling me to log in here. I posted there last fall so probably already authenticated but I cannot figure out how to post now.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:55 PM   #19

Name: Colleen
Mora
I have 16' Vintage Casita King (1988) for sale. Minnesota. irishmama53@gmail.com
CASullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:38 PM   #20

Massachusetts
Thank you for all this great information. This forum is so valuable.

We found a 17' 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe in NH that we purchased. We needed to deal with tow equipment on a vehicle but that was taken care of today. Hopefully we'll be picking her up this weekend.