Wanted: ISO 1979 Boler kitchen window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2021, 11:01 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1979 Boler
California
ISO 1979 Boler kitchen window

We are restoring a 1979 Boler 13ft, and a previous owner had removed the original kitchen window in front of the stove, and in place of it installed a hood. We are considering removing that hood if we can find a replacement window.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated, even if it s another product with the same dimensions that would fit.

Thanks you,

Jenny

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - ISO 1979 Boler kitchen window

Jenny and Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:00 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
eBay. Jalousie window. They come up from time to time. Or Google RV salvage yard, find one closest to you.

If you end up a little bigger, that just gives you more light and more airflow. A little too small means patching fiberglass and interior ensolite.

There are a couple of nice somewhat larger windows on eBay right now. Three smaller jailhouse style sold in the last month.

Also search FB marketplace, look for RV window or camper window. If you find one there, it will be cheaper than eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15449725271...QAAOSwdspgy-Be

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18489301155...gAAOSw0QJgy6Xn

Even though its a little more expensive, I'd be tempted to make an offer on this one, IF it fits!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23404892102...sAAOSwa6Jgw--Q
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:31 AM   #3

California
Thanks so much Bill!! Such good leads. I’ll check them out. Happy Friday!
-Jenny
Old 06-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #4

Name: BigT
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Because the glass had been broken in our kitchen window we decided to move the fridge up higher and took the window our and put in a vent. We have the frame and the trim. It is not in the greatest of shape and it would need new glass installed. We would consider letting it go for the cost of shipping. Big T Our Boler is a 1977. IF you might be interested, I can try to take pictures and send the pictures to you.
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Because the glass had been broken in our kitchen window we decided to move the fridge up higher and took the window our and put in a vent. We have the frame and the trim. It is not in the greatest of shape and it would need new glass installed. We would consider letting it go for the cost of shipping. Big T Our Boler is a 1977. IF you might be interested, I can try to take pictures and send the pictures to you.
Hi Big T, that would be lovely! Do you mind sending me photos with the measuring tape lined up to the edges? I’m guessing there’s no change in dimensions byw 1977 and 1979 but I just want to make sure.

Thank you!
Jenny
Old 06-20-2021, 01:48 PM   #6

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
Our '79 has a range hood. Too noisy. I replaced it with a couple of computer fans. Very quiet and does a good job pulling the heat out.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler - 41.jpg  
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:43 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve67 View Post
Our '79 has a range hood. Too noisy. I replaced it with a couple of computer fans. Very quiet and does a good job pulling the heat out.
What a great idea! It's not only quieter, but smaller profile. My hood sticks out so much that it's hard to see what's cooking.

-Jenny
Old 06-20-2021, 09:02 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
All well and good, but does it have a strong enough draw for cooking particles and filters so it doesn't get all gummed up?
Old 06-21-2021, 08:22 AM   #9

on Ontario
Registry
It certainly doesn't do the job of a commercial range hood but it quietly takes the heat away adequately and the fans are cheap and easily replaced if ever they get gummed up from camping caliber cooking...
Old 06-21-2021, 12:13 PM   #10

California
Quote:
It certainly doesn't do the job of a commercial range hood but it quietly takes the heat away adequately and the fans are cheap and easily replaced if ever they get gummed up from camping caliber cooking...
Once we get a replacement kitchen window, we are going to remove the hood that the previous owner installed, and try your computer fan trick Steve! Thanks for the photo. I think between an open jalousy window and two little fans, it will be adequate cooking in the Boler. Thanks again!
Old 06-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #11

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny and Mark View Post
What a great idea! It's not only quieter, but smaller profile. My hood sticks out so much that it's hard to see what's cooking.

-Jenny
My hood stuck out too far as well, Had hubby cut it down and it is good now, but there has never been a fan. I had to put it back in because the of the stabalizer bars that help with structure of the upper cupboards and roof.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:03 PM   #12

on Ontario
Registry
Easy to add your own cupboard support. Previous owner of my Boler took it out so I made the one pictured.
I also added this swing up stove/burner shield. Slides down out of the way when not needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler - 24.jpg   Boler - 65.jpeg  

Boler - 64.jpeg  
Old 06-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #13

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Easy to add your own cupboard support. Previous owner of my Boler took it out so I made the one pictured.
I also added this swing up stove/burner shield. Slides down out of the way when not needed.
Thank you for posting I like what you have done. I wanted to keep the hood and support bars, though it really serves no purpose without a fan, but the window does open and I can see the stove if I need to cook inside. We also replaced our jalhousie windows for rounded ones from a SunView Industries in Summerland BC.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote