Wanted: Looking for 13 ft Standard Scamp 12,000 to 20,000 depending - Oregon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > NEW Fiberglass RV Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Trade
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-08-2022, 11:27 AM   #1

Name: Abigail
Trailer: Currently shopping
Oregon
Looking for 13 ft Standard Scamp 12,000 to 20,000 depending - Oregon

Hello! My name is Abigail. I work remotely as a mental health therapist and I am looking for the perfect scamp to turn into a mobile office and home away from from home. My pup, Filbert, and I would like a 13 ft standard scamp with or without a bathroom. Looking for scamp with an awning and rooftop ac, working fridge, and heater. An outdoor shower would be a huge bonus! Please let me know if you want to sell me your scamp for a reasonable price. I am happy drive even 1500 miles from where I live in Oregon.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Looking for 13 ft Standard Scamp 12,000 to 20,000 depending...

Abigail_Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Check out https://fiberglass-rv-4sale.com
A ‘79 Scamp 13’ located in Berkeley is on sale. Ad Pictures look good.

Regularly check the trailer classifies on this forum as well. A 2007 Scamp 13 is on sale in Louisiana - if you want to travel.

Also ... look for a Casita or Scamp forum. They will also have a classifies.

I found my first trailer in Craig’s list. Ended up selling via Craig’s list.

Lots of trailers are coming on the market each day. As competition increases, prices will come down.

Good time to look. Best of luck.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:38 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail_Eden View Post
Hello! My name is Abigail. I work remotely as a mental health therapist and I am looking for the perfect scamp to turn into a mobile office and home away from from home. My pup, Filbert, and I would like a 13 ft standard scamp with or without a bathroom. Looking for scamp with an awning and rooftop ac, working fridge, and heater. An outdoor shower would be a huge bonus! Please let me know if you want to sell me your scamp for a reasonable price. I am happy drive even 1500 miles from where I live in Oregon.
If you haven’t done so, go to some upcoming fiberglass rallies listed in this forum. Check out 16 & 17’ trailers. They will make better offices & homes away from home.

Obviously, you have constraints: whether you have room in your driveway for a larger trailer, and you tow vehicle that can handle a little more weight. Towing a 16 or 17 ft’ scamp or casita is very easy.

Just a suggestion.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:25 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Hello Abigail
Two possible rallies you could easily drive to ante the upcoming rallies at Algonac state park In Michigan and the Mississippi River Rendezvous near Thomson Illinois both in September. There are other rallies between now and then that you can learn about on the Fiberglass RV site, the Escape Trailer Firum and other Fiberglass trailer sites.
Good luck
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:30 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
If you haven’t done so, go to some upcoming fiberglass rallies listed in this forum. Check out 16 & 17’ trailers. They will make better offices & homes away from home.

Obviously, you have constraints: whether you have room in your driveway for a larger trailer, and you tow vehicle that can handle a little more weight. Towing a 16 or 17 ft’ scamp or casita is very easy.

Just a suggestion.
A 13' Scamp requires a minimum 2000# tow rating. A 16' Scamp or Casita requires a minimum 3000# tow rating, but 3500# is more common and would be desirable. A 17' Casita requires a minimum 3500# tow rating, but Casita actually recommends 5000# due to typical tongue weights in the 400-450# range. The larger trailers do require a significant upgrade in your towing capability.

I agree a 16' or larger would be more convenient for long-term work-camping because you can have dedicated spaces for sleeping, daytime seating and eating, bathroom, and kitchen.

I'm wondering about the purpose of the outdoor shower. Hosing off dirty paws, maybe? I don't think Scamp offered it as an option, and most 13'ers without a bath option don't even have a pressurized onboard water system, just a hand pump at the sink. If you have a water connection at your site, you could add a Y-fitting and carry a short hose and sprayer. Grey water dispersal onto the ground is restricted many places, so you might need a basin for pup-washing. People-washing is out of the question most places.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:41 AM   #6

Name: Duane
Trailer: Scamp 13
OR
My 2007 Scamp 13 is still available and the location is Roseburg area. It does not meet all your criteria but you might be able to use it for what you want. The ad is still up here so you can take a look and see if it will work for you.
Dbd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:21 PM   #7

Name: April Mae
Trailer: Scamp 13'
CA
Hello!

We have a 13' that is a 2021 and meets your requirements! We are in San Diego. We have it posted in the ads of this website. 619.944.3676

Thanks,

April MAe
maejunejuly is offline   Reply With Quote