Wanted: Scamp 13 w/front bunks - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #1

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Seeking 13' Scamp (layout 1)
Ohio
Scamp 13 w/front bunks

Seeking used 13' foot Scamp with front bunks. Will be using full time. Able to wait until March/April, if necessary. Can pay cash, and willing to travel for pick up.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Scamp 13 w/front bunks
Medusa in Akron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #2

Name: Larry
Trailer: 2010 13 ft Scamp
Michigan
2010 13' Scamp

We have a 2010 13' Scamp, layout #1, bought new and picked up at the factory in Backus Minnesota. It is always stored indoors, and has had few trips. It is absolutely like brand new. We wanted a light trailer towable with a 4 cal car.
We have since bought a larger 6 cyl SUV, and are considering upgrading to a larger trailer with a bathroom and shower.
Here's the options on our 13 Scamp: refrigerator, furnace, electric brakes, dual propane tanks, front and rear cabinets, 3 speed fan, 26 grey water tank, outside
GFI 110 volt outlet, extra lights, front jack wheel.
Modifications I have made. Converted interior lights and porch light to LED. Added 5 led lights over sink, added 12 volt interior outlet for charging, nice large homemade awning, outside 2-way level, rear bike carrier, extra carpet on top of existing carpet (in case of spills-which never happened), front gravel shield prop-open device.
This trailer is really indistinguishable from new. I'm a retired engineer, and take care of things. We're barely into the first of the dual propane tanks, as an indication of the little use this trailer has had.
Larry Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:19 PM   #3

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2010 Little Joe / 2010 2 Dr Jeep Wrangler
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Singer View Post
We have a 2010 13' Scamp, layout #1, bought new and picked up at the factory in Backus Minnesota. It is always stored indoors, and has had few trips. It is absolutely like brand new. We wanted a light trailer towable with a 4 cal car.

We have since bought a larger 6 cyl SUV, and are considering upgrading to a larger trailer with a bathroom and shower.

Here's the options on our 13 Scamp: refrigerator, furnace, electric brakes, dual propane tanks, front and rear cabinets, 3 speed fan, 26 grey water tank, outside

GFI 110 volt outlet, extra lights, front jack wheel.

Modifications I have made. Converted interior lights and porch light to LED. Added 5 led lights over sink, added 12 volt interior outlet for charging, nice large homemade awning, outside 2-way level, rear bike carrier, extra carpet on top of existing carpet (in case of spills-which never happened), front gravel shield prop-open device.

This trailer is really indistinguishable from new. I'm a retired engineer, and take care of things. We're barely into the first of the dual propane tanks, as an indication of the little use this trailer has had.

I might be interested
Can you send me pics if int and exterior along with price & location
To my email
Thanks in advance
Cindy & Alan

Cahartz@hotmail.com
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #4

Ohio
Hi Larry--I just contacted Cindy and Alan by mistake. Still trying to figure out how things work on this website! How much are you asking for the 2010 Scamp, and where are you located?
Old 12-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #5

Michigan
I'm located in Dexter Michigan, which is just outside of Ann Arbor (University of Michigan), and about 35 miles West of Detroit.

To answer your question about how much I'm asking:
I may have jumped the gun in my response to you.
First I called up Scamp to see what a new camper like mine costs. I was shocked at how much they have risen in price. The BASE model in 2010 was $8,995. That equivalent base model in 2021 is $15,290 ! My original price with options was $10,500. Now it would cost $16,700 ! And that's not all. There's a 15 month wait for new orders. So if I order today, it would be available in April 2022 at the earliest (with a $500 deposit).
So
I think I'm shifting to try to trade with someone who wants to DOWNSIZE to a camper like mine from a 16'-17' larger camper, with some extra money for the difference.
That is unless someone wants to offer me a very high amount, well in excess of $10,000.
Sorry for the long answer to a short question.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #6

Ohio
Is there a way to email each other directly?
Old 12-25-2020, 12:48 PM   #7

Michigan
Replying in private

Yes there is. We can communicate with each other in private. But I don't remember how. Maybe someone on this amazing site will read this and tell us how, if I don't figure it out first.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #8

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Singer View Post
Yes there is. We can communicate with each other in private. But I don't remember how. Maybe someone on this amazing site will read this and tell us how, if I don't figure it out first.

Like this. Click on name.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 11.05.20 AM.png