Wanted: Scamp or Casita 16 to 17 ft. Will pick up - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > NEW Fiberglass RV Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Trade
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2021, 01:49 PM   #1

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Scamp or Casita 16 to 17 ft. Will pick up

I'm looking for a 16 or 17 ft. Scamp, Casita or other molded fiberglass camper. Happy to drive about 12 hours or so to pick up but will consider going further if required. East of the Mississippi river is a good general guide. Closer to Michigan the better.

Require bathroom, sleeping accommodations for second adult sleeping in own bed. Road worthy condition. Will pay more for good condition but don't rule out some work required. Require a title amp; bill of sale.

Price range puts me in the market for campers built between about 2000 and 2017. I would consider a late 90's but camper would need to be in very good shape or "good bones" and a low price. Must be road worthy to tow back

I won't waste your time if the camper meets my needs we can go to your bank and I can pay you cash and accept title. I will require a commitment to not sell the camper until I arrive with my leaving within about 12 hours of our reaching that agreement.

Cash buyer, able to come pick up the camper promptly, you should reach out to me via the message options if you have a camper to sell in the size range I'm looking at.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Scamp or Casita 16 to 17 ft. Will pick up
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:22 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Check out the one in Wisconsin. looks like a Standard Scamp with side bath and front gouache bed.

Year: 2010
Make: SCAMP
Model: 16
Trim: white
Length: 16
State or Province: WI
City: Milwaukee
Type of Sale: Private Seller
Listed: 2 hours ago
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 12:46 PM   #3

Michigan
Thanks I was looking at that before stopping on this site. I like the front couch. Can remove the top bunk and have a decent bed for an adult. That is what we do in our 13 ft. provides the second bed that makes it work when brother in law or buddy goes with me camping. Use throw pillows on it to lean back on when wife and I are camping.

Side dinette provides the same thing. So either one works.

I think this is not going to be a quick or easy search but I'm still able to camp while I'm looking which is fortunate.

Appreciate the heads up! I will also give a shout out of appreciation for those that edit their for sale listings to show sold or pending sale and those that respond to email even if just to say it has been sold. That curtesy is really appreciated.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:10 AM   #4

Name: Jenny
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16 with front bath
Tennessee
Hi Roger, I'll be putting my 2010 Scamp 16 on the market after Memorial Day weekend/first week of June. If you are interested in hearing more before about the camper before I officially list it please send me a PM.

It's layout 6 I believe; side dinette and front bath. Has furnace, AC, awning, hot water heater. Fresh water pump, tires, battery, thermostat, black water tank seal, and thermocoupler have all been replaced within the past 2-3 years of ownership.

I'm located in middle TN and will be asking $13,500.

Jennifer
ScamperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #5

Michigan
PM most gratefully sent. Then I noticed your home town in your profile. Most excited to hear back from you.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:12 PM   #6

Name: Eliana
Trailer: Currently Shopping
North Carolina
Hi ScamperGirl! Is your 2010 Scamp still available? Thanks!
Eliana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:56 PM   #7

Name: Jenny
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16 with front bath
Tennessee
Sorry, no. It went to a good home with Roger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana T View Post
Hi ScamperGirl! Is your 2010 Scamp still available? Thanks!
ScamperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:01 PM   #8

Name: Eliana
Trailer: Currently Shopping
North Carolina
Thank you for the response! Glad it went to a good home!
Eliana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:00 AM   #9

Michigan
I have to say the effort ScamperGirl put into making sure I knew all there was to know about the camper so there were no surprises when I arrived down there was most welcome. That sort of honesty and effort is what makes our FGRV community work and be a real joy to deal with.

She made sure I knew every issue down to the least loose rivet. When I arrived with my old 1 7/8 ball instead of required 2" they offered one of theirs.

Something worth noting. Many credit unions have affiliations that allow you to access you funds in an account at local credit union at a different one across the country. I was able to go to a credit union in Tenn. and withdraw funds as cashier check with buyer there to know the funds were in fact available here in Michigan and the cashiers check was legit. The credit union also provide a notary service to notarize a bill of sale or title.

The credit union here was easy to work with on financing the Scamp. I provided some listings from the for sale advertisements to show market value and we were able to get loan pre-approved so I could go shopping, just needed to provide VIN make and model information once I found one. Then the funds were deposited in my account so I could go to Tenn and withdraw them.

Soooo freaking excited it isn't funny. Camper was exactly what I was looking for and exactly as seller described. Dealing with folks like ScamperGirl and her husband give one the warm fuzzies about humanity. The traffic at Cincinnati tends to replace the warm fuzzies with cold prickly emotion but only for a little while. :-)