SOLD: 2018 Parkliner 16 foot - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-18-2019, 06:23 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: parkliner
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
It should have a "Manufacturers Statement of Origin" or "Certificate of Origin' provided with the unit. When it is registered with and licensed with a state, this MSO or CO would be surrendered and a title would be issued.
You are also correct....John
mtdanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #22

Name: Kathie
Trailer: Liberty Outdoors
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdanet View Post
I will be happy to title the unit in my name then transfer it to you as long as you agree to reimburse me the sales tax I will have to pay....John
I did find the information on WI DMV and I can title it with the Certificate like you said. Didn't know. Thank you for clearing that up. WI has 5.5 tax rate which I believe is less then OH's. Is that you ph# in the ad? I should call you.
Ktytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #23

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
The new company that picked up Parkliner will back up the warranty. But may have ran out on this trailer. ? for seller. Last I saw this company has no plans for producing more Parkliners.
Your correct no Parkliners will be built or sold again. I purchased this unit from the new owner who states he does not want to deal with the environmental concerns associated with fiberglass. If you want the last one call me....John
Old 10-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #24

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
John,
You should be registered here as a "Commercial member" if you are a dealer and you'd have less ill-will if you had admitted that in the original post. Instead, at the top of the ad it says "Private Seller".
I am not a dealer of rv's or any thing else. I purchased this from the manifacture who could only give me a certificate of origin and that made me the dealer. I am a private individual who just fell into a deal nothing nefarious, underhanded, unlawfull is going on here....John
Old 10-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #25

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
John, I have no doubt that you are being completely honest and above board. But I do have some doubts about your understanding of various state laws regarding vehicle transfers. Still, as long as you are willing to work with any buyer to make sure they can obtain good title then someone will get a nice camper.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #26

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdanet View Post
I am not a dealer of rv's or any thing else.

You said you were a dealer previously. In any event, I doubt you can proclaim yourself a dealer. I expect you need to fulfill a trailer-load full of paperwork from whatever state you are in.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:56 PM   #27

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
John, I have no doubt that you are being completely honest and above board. But I do have some doubts about your understanding of various state laws regarding vehicle transfers. Still, as long as you are willing to work with any buyer to make sure they can obtain good title then someone will get a nice camper.

I do not claim to know anything about any of our 50 state and 5 territories laws regarding titling of a RV other than, all vehicles made for sale in the USA are shipped to dealers with a Certificate of Origin period. and from that a title is issued.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:03 PM   #28

Ohio
Quote:
You said you were a dealer previously. In any event, I doubt you can proclaim yourself a dealer. I expect you need to fulfill a trailer-load full of paperwork from whatever state you are in.

I said I was made a dealer by the manufacture so I could receive the Manufacture certificate of origin. I never claimed to be a dealer if anyone thinks otherwise there WRONG!! and this is the last word on this topic....John
Old 10-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #29

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Post #13. " I have a Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle and I am the dealer upon sale this certificate is used to obtain a title in any state that requires a title".
Have you got a business license? Have you filed papers to remit taxes to the state?
I wouldn't touch this until all the paperwork is in order or they will likely have more trouble than you've had when it comes to selling.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:24 PM   #30

Wisconsin
Quote:
I have checked with WI DMV website and they will accept this certificate. I've also talked with John and I am very comfortable with everything. Exited to go and see this beautiful trailer and come home with this new, never used beauty. I love the fact that I will always have something new to learn. Thanks
Old 10-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #31

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktytravel View Post
I have checked with WI DMV website and they will accept this certificate. I've also talked with John and I am very comfortable with everything. ...
Good to hear! Your states DMV is the final authority and getting their advice was the right thing to do. The seller could not issue a certificate to you (or anyone else), but if your DMV is OK with the original manufacturer's certificate even if the trailer goes through two (or three or twelve) hands before being titled, then that works!
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #32

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Good to hear! Your states DMV is the final authority and getting their advice was the right thing to do. The seller could not issue a certificate to you (or anyone else), but if your DMV is OK with the original manufacturer's certificate even if the trailer goes through two (or three or twelve) hands before being titled, then that works!
Thanks