For Sale: SOLD1972 Boler BolerAmerica - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-22-2020, 06:33 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp
MN
SOLD1972 Boler BolerAmerica

SOLD

1972 Boler American Serial 3030. These "Americans" were only made as a 1972 model, for around 6 months here in the states. Rare, Hard to Find.

One owner since new. Sleeps 4 Front Couch can be converted to Bunks . The family used it until the kids moved out in the late 90's I believe, and has pretty much only been used during Deer Hunting season since. Has not been licensed since 2007. Unmolested, all original older Boler. Has the original fabric and carpets. Basically just how it came from the Boler Factory. Includes the original Paperwork and Manuals. Floors and Frame are Solid, and roof has no history of leaks. Fiberglass is in good shape for the year, with one 2 3" crack near the left side rear that was repaired. We recently towed it around 300 miles home and it towed great.

Things we did serviced the bearings, got the taillights working with new bulbs, replaced some rivets/added caps, added the newer style Scamp door seal, caulked everything including the belly seam, and gave it a seal/wax. Basically just made sure it was weatherproofed and road worthy. Did not do much beyond that. It's still in need of a good cleaning/detailing, and obviously updating.

It's a 50 year old camper, so obviously shows some age and wear amp; tear. Still has the original fabrics and carpet, both in need of replacing. It was also used as hunters shack for one weekend out of the year, and likely rarely cleaned, so you get the idea. Everything looks original except the table top and curtains. Both look like they were changed at some point, looking at the curtains, probably in the 70's. Everything looks intact, it is missing one turn dial lever on the door window. The camper is prepped for an indoor water tank, but there is not one installed. The cushion fabrics are original, but definitely showing age, and a few are just hanging on by a thread. Carpet is in good shape, just old. The furnace was last used a couple of years ago I was told. The fridge and stove have not been used since the early 2000's, fridge does seem clean inside.

Fiberglass is in good shape for the year, still holds a shine. Shell has one spot of damage, a 3" fiberglass crack just ahead of the rear left tailight Im guessing something bumped it . I cut up 2 small pieces of RV Bond tape and covered/sealed it up you can see in the photos . Did it on both sides so it matched. Would be an easy repair or just keep it how it is. We did just re seal the belly seam, replaced a few rivets and added rivet caps as one extra layer of weatherproofing, also added the updated "Scamp" Door Seal installed. The door is ready for new ball/compression springs on the hinges, starting to sag just a bit and is very common. Expect to replace those every 5 8 years or so. Scamp came out with this newer style rubber door seal and works much better than the foam seal they had used. Seals great, just takes a little more effort to get it closed, and after another season or two it will be fine. Rather have it tight in my opinion. I gave the Axle and Frame a good look over and both appear to be in good shape. It towed just fine at 70 miles an hour I try to never go past 60 65, but my lead foot got me . I did repack the bearings. Tires have plenty of tread, and have not had to add air, not sure of tire age. Spare also appears to be in great shape. I also have a 4th Spare 4 lug rim and tire that I will include.

SOLD

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - SOLD1972 Boler BolerAmerica

XBeatzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:09 PM   #2

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp
MN
**SOLD**
XBeatzX is offline   Reply With Quote