Wanted: Wanted: 16' Scamp or Casita Possible trade for my 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > NEW Fiberglass RV Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Trade
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 16' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Washington
Wanted: 16' Scamp or Casita Possible trade for my 13' Scamp

My family has outgrown our beloved 1982 13' Scamp and we're looking to upgrade to a 16' Scamp or Casita with a wet bath. I'm open to various years and conditions as long as it's not a project trailer.

I'm located in the Seattle area but I'm willing to drive just about anywhere west of the Rockies for the right trailer.

I was planning on selling our 13' Scamp once we find a new trailer but I'd absolutely entertain a trade plus cash. Our trailer has an awesome custom paint job and is in overall good condition, but there are a few updates I plan on making if I don't find a replacement trailer by this Spring. The previous owners removed the LP, 12 volt, and front bunk, but I have all the original parts still including the wood frame for the bunk and shore power works fine. We also have a Calmark cover and the original awning.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Wanted: 16' Scamp or Casita Possible trade for my 13' Scam...

BurienBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:50 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 13 ft Scamp
Look carefully at 16' vs 17' Casitas

Hi Brian,
Coincidently, we are in exactly the same position as you. Only we are retired, and our kids are long gone. We also want to sell our 13' Scamp and trade up to a 17'. We want to wait for warmer weather to do this, I think.

I too started out considering a 16'. But there are significant differences between a 16' and 17' Casita. ie The refrigerator in a 17' is about twice as big, and has a freezer. The bed is 54" wide vs 46" for the 16" (the Scamp bed is ~ 43"). Interior height is 5"10" for the 16' vs 6'2" for the 17'. 16' has no screen door, 17' has a screen door. This info is from their current catalogue and website. It may vary in older models. Of course the 17' weighs more than the 16' (240# more for Standard, and 295# more for Deluxe, and 40# more for hitch. All dry weight, and all from Casita specs). And you'll need a class 111 hitch for the 17'.

It all depends on your own priorities, but I went thru this investigation, and felt compelled to offer the results of my exploration, and save you some time.

Hope this helps,
Larry
Larry Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:49 PM   #3

Washington
8' garage doors

Unfortunately I'm limited by my garage with 8' doors. I have some room for outdoor storage but it blocks our view and I'd really like to keep it indoors.

I've seen some of the solutions people have come up with to lower their trailer for storage and I don't think I want to mess with swapping out wheels for every trip, especially when we're just leaving on a Friday after work for a two night stay somewhere.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:28 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
One advantage of the Casita 16 is the A/C is not roof air, while the Scamp A/C is roof mounted. So if you desire AC, the Casita should be a little shorter in overall height.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:36 AM   #5

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: In the market
Ontario
Interested

I am interested in your 13’ trailer? Thank you
VanessaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:33 AM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Finding a used 16 footer that is right for you is tough enough. Adding a trade to the situation makes it that much harder. Realize others will have cash in hand to make a direct purchase. My preference is to sell what you have as a separate transaction, very easy to sell your Scamp. I'd probably get the 16 footer first, otherwise you will likely be without a camper for a while. By all means, if you find a seller that wants a trade, GREAT!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #7

Washington
Thanks thrifty, my plan all along has been to purchase a 16' Scamp and then sell my 13 footer, that's why I added "possible trade plus cash" just in case someone out there was in the opposite situation I'm in. I'm happy to buy one outright but given the rarity of 16s, I'll probably just put down a deposit on a brand new one and use my 13' until 2022, unless a good one pops up sometime in the near future.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:05 AM   #8

Trailer: 2010 13 ft Scamp
Vanessa, I sent you a private message
Larry Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #9

Name: Mark
Trailer: 2001 scamp standard
Dubai
Imquiry

Hello Sir,

I am interesting to buy this Items

16' Scamp or Casita Possible trade for my 13' Scamp

What it's the present condition of the items

How much is the last asking price

Response back this E-Mail;markfrank640@gmail.com

Thanks

Mark
mark640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:38 PM   #10

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
it sort of hard either way i agree with thrifty though!
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote