Wanted: Wanted: 16 Scamp or Casita, with a bathroom that sleeps 4, in California - California - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > NEW Fiberglass RV Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Trade
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-27-2022, 09:25 AM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: Casita/Scamp
California
Wanted: 16 Scamp or Casita, with a bathroom that sleeps 4, in California - California

FOUND ONE no longer looking

Looking for a well maintained Scamp or Casita, at least 16 , that can sleep 4. Have cash. Will pay extra if the inside has been redone.

I m in the North Bay, California, but can travel in certain circumstances.

Thanks,

Tim

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Wanted: 16 Scamp or Casita, with a bathroom that sleeps 4,...

tcoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:56 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
You're looking for one of two very specific models.
Casita 16' Heritage Deluxe (used to be sold as a Spirit Deluxe with side bunk option)
Scamp 16' Layout 4 (side bath, front bunks)

The Scamp is more common that the Casita and is a better layout in my opinion. The front bunks are roomier and the large front window makes it feel more spacious. It has more galley space with a larger fridge option. It tends to run a bit lighter than the Casita and has more interior headroom (6'2" vs. 5'10" in the Casita). The rear window opens for better ventilation, and the roof air conditioner is more effective in hot weather than Casita's small window unit mounted near the floor. Only downside is the bath is really small and height limited. If you stay in campgounds and only use it for emergencies, it works well enough.

Casita never sold many 16'ers and discontinued them a few years ago. Most of the units I've seen with the side bunks for kids are older. Casita only rates their top bunk for 80#, while Scamp rates theirs for 150#. That might be a bit optimistic, but it should be good to at least 120# based on my experience.

Casita put most of their effort and numerous improvements into the more popular 17'ers (shown in your sample photo). They are a fair bit heavier and may require a larger tow vehicle due to high tongue weight. Most of the extra length went into the rear main bed (54"W vs. 45"W in the 16'ers). Doesn't sound like much, but a 45" bed is pretty snug for a couple.

Our 13' Scamp has the same beds as Layout 4, minus the bath and extra galley space. It worked well for our family of four (with some adjustments to the sleeping arrangements). We cook outside most of the time and stay in campgrounds with facilities.

Best wishes in your search!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:00 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Casita
California
I have a 2005 17’ Casita Spirit Deluxe for sale. It has a bathroom & shower, A/C, I’m located on the Central Coast of Cali.
I can send pics, let me know if you have any questions
Baja Sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:12 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: Casita/Scamp
California
Hi all. Thanks for the responses. Ended up buying one out of Texas and having it shipped! No longer looking.
tcoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:53 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations! Just in time for some nice fall weather. What did you end up buying?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:36 PM   #6

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
Wondering what you found and what the price was? Trying to price my 1999 Casita Spirit 16 with double bunks. Thanks