Wanted: WANTED Seattle 13 or 16 Scamp/Casita/Etc... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > NEW Fiberglass RV Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Trade
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
S K

Name: S
Trailer: In the market
Washington
WANTED Seattle 13 or 16 Scamp/Casita/Etc...

Hello! I live in the Seattle area and I'm in search of a 13 or 16 foot fiberglass trailer such as Scamp or Casita. I can travel anywhere within a 7 hour drive to pick up all of WA state and Oregon . I am flexible on the layout of the trailer. I prefer a bathroom/shower, but it is not mandatory. Ideally, I would like a trailer that is not too old 90s or newer and in good working order for the most part. I search daily on the forums, Facebook, and Craigslist but have not yet had success. Perhaps someone here has a Scamp/Casita looking for a new loving home? :

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - WANTED Seattle 13 or 16 Scamp/Casita/Etc...

S K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Also watch fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. I've seen a couple show up on the Facebook marketplace over the last couple of months. They are out there. Good luck on your search.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #3

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
I'd suggest you to extend your search area.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #4

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
try contacting GOGO CAMPER in Seattle. They rent fiberglass trailers but they also work on them for people and sometimes have one for sale. The fall is the time of year when they get busy with their restoration services.

Of course they too are constantly on the lookout for some of those great bargain finds that show up locally in Seattle which is one reason it can be difficult to find them in the Pacific NW.

You do need to establish search notifications on craigslist so you get a notice of new listings as soon as they are posted. Keyword automated searches are the best way to find a trailer locally. Remember that there are two places on craigslist they show up, in the RVs as well as in the trailer area. It just depends on what the person doing the listing decides is the place they want to post. So do both areas for a location to search.

Also active in Seattle area is the facebook market page sales as well as offerupnow.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:50 PM   #5
S K

Name: S
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Thanks for your comments! I have Craigslist alerts on, and I also check FB marketplace and fiberglass-rv-4sale daily, so hopefully I'll get lucky soon. And what a pity to hear about GOGO CAMPER scooping up all the good ones in the area. I suspected that something like this was happening, after seeing that some people on the Facebook forums had purchased multiple Scamps in the past few months. Anyway, I'll reach out to GOGO CAMPER just in case they have one for sale.
S K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:49 AM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K View Post
Thanks for your comments! I have Craigslist alerts on, and I also check FB marketplace and fiberglass-rv-4sale daily, so hopefully I'll get lucky soon. And what a pity to hear about GOGO CAMPER scooping up all the good ones in the area. I suspected that something like this was happening, after seeing that some people on the Facebook forums had purchased multiple Scamps in the past few months. Anyway, I'll reach out to GOGO CAMPER just in case they have one for sale.
Gogo camper people are very nice and very helpful. They do renovations and repairs. Of course everyone wants a great bargain so the fiberglass trailers do sell quickly if they are priced right. I am in Seattle but I went to Lincoln City Oregon to find mine. It being a long ways out of the way to go for big city dwellers worked to my advantage.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #7

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Also, check CL using different keywords, such as 13, 17, vintage, fiberglass, molded, and even “cute.” Then combinations with trailer, camper, rv... Lots of variables to wade through!
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #8
JPF

Name: Paul
Trailer: Burro
Utah
I have 1998 wide body burro with bathroom/shower listed on this forum.
located in Utah near SLC.
front and back dinette. There is a full kitchen complete with stainless steel sink, 3 burner gas stove, range hood, 3 way refrigerator and microwave. It has a shower/toilet area with privacy door. There is a small closet, overhead cabinets and under seat storage areas.
more details and pictures on the post/ad.

let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions.
JPF
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #9

Name: Neil
Trailer: Casita
CA
Hey, I've got a 17' Casita spirit deluxe I'm selling. It's in norcal, but we might be able to work something out if you're serious about buying it. Mine is the 2011 17' Spirit Deluxe listed below in the forum -- or just PM me.

If you need a truck, I'd sell you that too, but I figure you've probably got that already.
Neil in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #10

Name: Nancy
Trailer: (formerly) Scamp
Montana
You have probably seen this, there is a 2008 16’ Casita listed on Craigslist for sale in the Flathead/Kalispell area, Montana.
narnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #11

Name: Reinout
Trailer: In the Market
WA
I don't know if this is still available in Tacoma/Fife @S_K but it's a 13' Casita, 1996: https://offerup.com/item/detail/523711880/
Reinout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:07 PM   #12

Name: Benny
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Look at adds daily. The notices from Craig's list might be too late when they get to you. I live in the Seattle area and it took a few months until our Suite showed up. Main point is don't wait. We got ours after it had been listed for a matter of minutes. By the time we were at the Bank the next day there were 2 cash buyers waiting. It takes work to find the right one. Good luck!
Bgreat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #13

Name: Stephanie and Mark
Trailer: Trillium Sidekick 4500
Washington
Are you still looking fo r you trailer? I just posted my 15’ 2014 Trillium Trailer (no bath, no air conditioner) for sale here in the classifieds. I’m in Vancouver WA. Message me for the walk through video.
sbergeron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Name: Azur
Trailer: 1980 Burro, 1973 Trillium 1300, 1977 Surfside 14',1975 Boler 13'
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K View Post
Hello! I live in the Seattle area and I'm in search of a 13 or 16 foot fiberglass trailer such as Scamp or Casita. I can travel anywhere within a 7 hour drive to pick up all of WA state and Oregon . I am flexible on the layout of the trailer. I prefer a bathroom/shower, but it is not mandatory. Ideally, I would like a trailer that is not too old 90s or newer and in good working order for the most part. I search daily on the forums, Facebook, and Craigslist but have not yet had success. Perhaps someone here has a Scamp/Casita looking for a new loving home? :

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - WANTED Seattle 13 or 16 Scamp/Casita/Etc...

Hi there,
This is Azur with gogocamper. I generally only buy the classics that need lots of repairs. I am selling a few trailers and have a shell that I would like to do a custom build for some lucky client !
Please send me a note if you need help with your search!
Azur
Azurko is offline   Reply With Quote