Wanted: WANTED Support arm s for 1986 17ft Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > NEW Fiberglass RV Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Trade
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-09-2021, 11:24 AM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: 17ft Bigfoot trailer
British Columbia
WANTED Support arm s for 1986 17ft Bigfoot

Hello,

Hoping to find some replacement support arms for my front window rock guard.

Thanks

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - WANTED Support arm s for 1986 17ft Bigfoot

Bluebamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:36 AM   #2

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Support Arms for Bigfoot 17

Hi Michael. Not sure what's available in the way of auto parts store in your area. There is a manufacturer's name and model number normally stamped on the housing and you can order them online or Canadian Tire, LORDCO or any other parts depot can probably help. They're not that expensive - I'd replace them both. If one of the old ones is still good keep it as a spare.
Good luck
burrorojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:30 AM   #3

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
You might try Vintage Trailer Supply.com
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:48 AM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrorojo View Post
Hi Michael. Not sure what's available in the way of auto parts store in your area. There is a manufacturer's name and model number normally stamped on the housing and you can order them online or Canadian Tire, LORDCO or any other parts depot can probably help. They're not that expensive - I'd replace them both. If one of the old ones is still good keep it as a spare.
Good luck
Hello Burrorjo, thanks for the suggestion. I do have some local auto supply places to check out locally. Appreciate the suggestion

Michael
Old 04-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandbonscott View Post
You might try Vintage Trailer Supply.com
Hi Dave,

Thanks. They were my first stop, but unfortunately they’re out of stack with no stated ETA on new stock. I fear production may have been halted.

Michael
Old 08-09-2022, 03:31 PM   #6

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebamboo View Post
Hi Dave,

Thanks. They were my first stop, but unfortunately they’re out of stack with no stated ETA on new stock. I fear production may have been halted.

Michael
I tried everywhere to source new ones. I had to return two different sets (one of which was supposed to be the correct weight but actually caused the rock guard to fly up, give me a black eye, knock my glasses off, and nearly kill me)!

I received the correct items from: <support@liftsupportsdepot.com>,

Which is in California. I think I was able to find a 17" strut from them, and these replaced a 17.5" strut which lifted a bit higher. When I asked them again about a 17.5, they had an extension connection which they mailed to me at no charge.

So A+++ for customer service!