Fiberglass RV - Baxter's Album: Restoring my 71 Eco


 
Restoring my 71 Eco
I still have painting to do inside, but it felt like it was in a good (not smelly) place to pause and take it into the shop to get the running gear...
Upper cabinets with holes filled, a few coats of gloss white enamel, and lights installed. You can barely see a blue junction box in there that isn't...
Another shot of the kitchenette, now with two coats of enamel, and the new 110v wiring (complete with USB ports)
And now that there's power, let there by light. I got a great set of low-profile, dimmable remote control LED puck lights dirt cheap on Amazon Prime...
With the fixture repaired, trimmed and painted, the new PD 4135 could go in. There's a whole thread about my adventures in wiring this thing, but in...
Holes filled and first-coat on upper cabinets. I thin the enamel quite a bit so it rolls on smoother. There are lots of posts around the internet...
With the first coat of gloss white enamel on the kitchen fixture. You can get a glimpse of the many, many holes drilled in the top, too. A new...
Some trim work was needed for the new power center (the old hole was slightly wide). I'm touching up some fiberglass dings, too. I'll need to figure...
Hole embiggened for new power center.
It's hard to see, but if you look closely you can see some of the wiring horrors hidden under the sink.
The stove isn't worth saving, in my opinion, but I need to figure out guides for the drawer beneath.
The same driver-side dinette cubby after cleaning and priming.
This is the driver-side dinette cubby, where most of the ants lived. This is in-process, while I was still cleaning, ripping out linoleum and priming.
I have drilled many rivets and filled many holes.
This length of rome's was connect to the shore power line, then ran out the front of the trailer to hang loose on the tongue. Apparently someone...
This is what I found where my power center should be. It seems like there may be some parts that have been replaced by wishful thinking and fire...
The dinette end, cleaned and primed.
With a lot of cleaning and a first coat of sealing primer, things are starting to look up.  
 
While the ensolite seam tape was mostly in good shape,...
nothing too exciting on the closet side. Just dirt.
I have these nice overhead storage areas at both ends that I really like. I don't like all the holes drilled in them nearly so much, though. Those...
One shot of the front dinette, after I'd already removed the moldy cushions. The bleach and dustpan were both very useful that day. You can also get...
Another view of the kitchenette as found. In this pic, I'd already removed the tin backsplash. Mostly because it was falling down anyway.
This is, unfortunately, probably the best pic I took of the kitchenette in as-found state. It's notable mostly for the fact that everything you see...
As I got it, this was the dinette side. Dig the 70s linoleum. There was some scruffy carpet over it that I'd mostly removed already when this pic was...
The first order of business was removing a bunch of junk -- along with the cushions and most anything else fibrous.
 
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
×