Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (
-   General Chat (
-   -   Rubber Between The Frame & Egg Info Wanted (

Josh Henderson 09-25-2006 06:06 PM

Hi Everyone, Wondering if anyone knows a place to purchase the 2" wide rubber pad that goes between the fiberglass body & frame? I have a 1977 Trillium 1300 & need replacement rubber ... Any info is Greatly appriciated..

Thans Josh In So.Cal
1977 Trillium 13'

Gina D. 09-25-2006 08:13 PM

Never heard of such a thing. Hmnnn.

You might try Trillium California They are reproducing them here now. I bet they know!

Kurt & Ann K. 09-25-2006 09:44 PM

Usually rubber isolators are used to prevent transmitting noise or vibrations. I've not seen them used between a TT body and frame. Since a person is not allowed to travel in a trailer while it is moving on the road, road noise is not an issue nor have I heard of any vibration problems except those caused by unbalanced wheels.
It would be of interest to know the rationale behind the concept. If you find out, please keep us informed. We are an information hungry group and many are willing to try new, interesting ideas.
Thanks for exposing us to an interesting topic, Josh.
Kurt & Ann K.

Benny K 09-25-2006 11:19 PM

You could try a wholesale rubber can maybe get away with a recycled rubber piece of sheet that can be cut into sizes that you want....and if it`s long strips you need they can probably cut the width for you as req`d .......or recommend a retail supplier......Benny

Bill and Jacquie G. 09-26-2006 12:09 AM

Team Trillium Trailers - Outback have those "gaskets" in stock. Not long ago they offered me one while I had the egg off of the frame of my '78 Trill. They use them with each of their new Trillium/Outbacks. Very nice people.

Ph 403-398-8732 8am-5:30pm Mt. Stn. Time


Bill and Jacquie G. 09-26-2006 12:34 AM Yes, the new frame and the old frame designs are differant but they do have the material for both units. Try them, you'll like them. You are part of the family.

Josh Henderson 09-26-2006 05:14 PM

WOW I thought I had wierd egg on my hands reading that no one had heard or seen anything like what I have.... I was told that it is a cusion for the body to ride on the frame to prevent cracking & wear on the fiberglass... Ill give team trillium a call & see if they have those "gaskets" in stock for my old egg... I just glad it did'nt crack..

Thanks to all who had some input.. Josh In So.Cal

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.