Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Camping, Campout Reports (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Boondocking Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f66/boondocking-maine-vermont-new-hampshire-27356.html)

Dick Pack 11-06-2006 07:55 AM

Hello,

My wife and I have a small 13 ft Trillium trailer, pulled by a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4x4..

We have camped/boondocked our our way from our home near Guelph, Ontario, Canada,
North to the Yukon and Alaska and also South West to New Mexico and the Grand Canyon...

We are looking for off road/boondocking/trip ideas and information on Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine areas as we are planning a trip there in the Spring of 2007..

We have plenty of time (1 or 2 months) and are seeking your help in locating areas to boondock.. We almost never use RV parks or campgrounds (if we can help it)..

I know that most folks would not want to post locations here on the news group, so I would ask that you email me at the address below :

Thanks in advance !!

Richard Pack

My Ham call is VE3HRP

My Email is my_ham_call@ISP.COM

Al V 11-06-2006 02:40 PM

While it is a State Park Mt Monadnock in NH is a great little campground. The views from up on top are Great. It is about a 2 mile hike up the mt heed the water warning and bring extra if you can, unless you are a mountain goat. the campground is small the max size camper is 19 foot so it is mostly tenters in there fitting in the 17 Casita is not possible on a lot of the sites not because the sites are small it is access to them. There are coin hot showers and dish sinks at the entrance to the camping area. scattered around the campground are outhouses. The only downside to the place is No Pets not even Mac the cat was allowed in. he was treated to 200 dollar a night hotel room lol yes he is spoiled!

Dick Pack 11-07-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

While it is a State Park Mt Monadnock in NH is a great little campground. ETC:
Thanks Al,

I will lookup the park info and see where it is at, might be a good place for us to visit ..

Thanks again.

Bill F. 11-07-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Hello,

My wife and I have a small 13 ft Trillium trailer, pulled by a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4x4..

We have camped/boondocked our our way from our home near Guelph, Ontario, Canada,
North to the Yukon and Alaska and also South West to New Mexico and the Grand Canyon...

We are looking for off road/boondocking/trip ideas and information on Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine areas as we are planning a trip there in the Spring of 2007..

We have plenty of time (1 or 2 months) and are seeking your help in locating areas to boondock.. We almost never use RV parks or campgrounds (if we can help it)..

I know that most folks would not want to post locations here on the news group, so I would ask that you email me at the address below :

Thanks in advance !!

Richard Pack

My Ham call is VE3HRP

My Email is my_ham_call@ISP.COM
I tried e-mailing last night and got an eror message"Recipient address rejected". Is the address shown correct?
Bill

Anne H 11-07-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

I tried e-mailing last night and got an eror message"Recipient address rejected". Is the address shown correct?
Bill
Did you replace the "my_ham_call" part with the call letters that were posted earlier in Richard's email? Took me a minute to realize that he was trying to avoid spammers stripping out his real email address.

Bill F. 11-07-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Did you replace the "my_ham_call" part with the call letters that were posted earlier in Richard's email? Took me a minute to realize that he was trying to avoid spammers stripping out his real email address.
Thanks Anne. Didn't see that one coming.
Bill

Gerry 11-07-2006 06:16 PM

[quote]
Hello,

Hi Dick https://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/st.../default/4.gif
I live in the western Maine Mountains and I know of alot of great places and will email some to you but be advised that in New Hampshire you need a permit to even just part and pic-nic in any part of the National Forest.
That asside there are sone real nice, though now privately run, former campgrounds in the White Mountain National Forest and when your in the area if your a mind to I would like to know where and prehaps we can hook up and do a bit of fishing.
Gerry

BOBSMITH 11-07-2006 08:18 PM

You might also want to try camping at Baxter State Park in Maine. Again, it's not boondocking in the traditional sense, in that there are campgrounds. But the campgrounds in the park are pretty primitive with no hookups and few facilities. But lots of solitude and natrual beauty all around.

They do allow very small trailers in the park. About the biggest they'd allow are 17-foot models. Your trillium would be fine. Nothing over eight feet wide is allowed on the park perimiter road.

Dick Pack 11-08-2006 07:53 AM

Bill,

Thanks, I did receive your email as you later sent...

I will email you back today.

Dick

Dick Pack 11-08-2006 07:56 AM

Bob,

Thanks for the info on Baxter State Park in Maine.

I have found additional info on the web and will be sure to visit it.

Dick

Dick Pack 11-08-2006 07:58 AM

Gerry,

Thanks for the info...

Please look for the forum message that I sent you.

Dick