Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (
-   General Chat (
-   -   Senior, Disabled and Veterans Passes (

Pete Dumbleton 06-08-2008 04:30 PM

From a post I just made to another group:

For those who happen to be over the magic age of 62, be advised that there is a lifetime Senior Pass available for one-time $10 for free entry to gummint facilities like Natl Parks/Monuments/Forests, BLM, COE, TVA, etc., and is also good for 50% discount on campsite fee.

For those who may have a permanent documented disability, there is a similar Access Pass (free):

Oregon State Parks has a pass for line-of-duty disabled veterans from any state, plus active military on leave:

Washington State Parks has a pass for seniors, foster parents, foster caregivers, disabled persons, disabled veterans and better one for seniors with low income:

How about YOUR state? Tell us what's there.

Also, TN and LA honor the Federal passes in most, if not all, of their state parks.

Christi V. 06-09-2008 06:18 PM

the lifetime Sr pass ( WA state ) says....: NOT covered.... camping,tours,recreation permit fees etc. MAY NOT cover organized groups or concesion facilities or activies... MAY be intitled holder to 50% discounts on certain fees....

Dont know if "certain fees' cover camping tho..???

They do honor the older Sr Passes tho and I do think that included camping but they have changed some stuff now the newer one is available....

I just went up to Mt Rainier and got mine a few weeks ago....

Pete Dumbleton 06-10-2008 01:38 AM

Here's what the link above sez for Washington State Parks:

"Off-Season Senior Citizen Pass - $50.00
Free nightly camping or moorage from Oct. 1 to March 31, and Sunday through Thursday in April. There is a $6 per-night fee for utility sites. Passes are available for $50. Offered to Washington state residents 62 years and older.

Senior Citizen Limited Income Pass - No Charge
Good for 50 percent discount on nightly camping/moorage. Free watercraft launching and trailer dump. Valid year-round. Offered to Washington state residents 62 years and older with an annual household income of $35,000 or less. Applicants must also meet the requirements for a property tax exemption under the Revised Code of Washington 84.36.381. "

I believe the above have to be renewed annually.

Where did you find a Lifetime Senior Pass?

Also, I just found this on a Federal Pass FAQ site, so the Federal Senior/Access Pas can be used to get the WA/OR Rec Pass which is also good for boat launch and dump at 23 WA state parks:

"Question 2: Where can I use the Washington & Oregon Recreation Pass?
Answer: The new Washington and Oregon Recreation Pass is honored for day-use at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service sites as well as offering access to Oregon State parks & Recreation Department day-use fee parks, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers fee sites and 23 (of 120) selected Washington State parks and Recreation Commission parks charging launch or trailer dump fees. All participating sites are located in the Washington & Oregon Recreation Pass brochure and online at"

Pete Dumbleton 06-11-2008 04:59 PM

Input from another forum reveals that Utah State Parks honor the Federal Pass for 50% campsite discount.

Gerry 06-12-2008 03:00 AM


Input from another forum reveals that Utah State Parks honor the Federal Pass for 50% campsite discount.
As camp ground host in a National Forest this year we are seeing alot of other cards that although they say they can get discounts all over America we ONLY honor the Fedral Senior or disability cards mentioned above for the 50% discount on camping. All other cards, that people may buy may get them into alot of National or State parks for day use, and we were told that in Yosemite they actually do get a camping discount on these other cards, but, we in the White Mountain National Forest, in New Hampshire, Do Not.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.